+35

The "war on drugs," "border security," and "war on terror," are ALL just mirages and illusions to make us "think" our government is actually doing something to solve problems. Amirite?

freespeechfreelancers avatar Politics
2 15
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You hear Obama wants to rid of Guantanamo Bay?

@iEmily You hear Obama wants to rid of Guantanamo Bay?

Yes, he promised that for his first term. I don't think it will happen because he won't have anywhere to send foreign terrorist prisoners then. America does NOT want them coming here.

@1922898

I have not read enough on it to know, but I think all terrorists claim to be falsely imprisoned!

@1923024

I am not even sure what you are talking about. You seem to be talking about something completely different than I am.

@1923072

Yeah, I sorta figured that out after I made my reply to you. Sorry as well. I didn't really want to go that direction. My REAL point is: IF our government was truly serious about stopping or fixing something, they damn well could. The fact that it is not getting done shows there is no goal of making these things go away. We have the technology and the brains to do whatever we want to. It is actually an insult to see the phony games they play and offer up for excuses.

@1923265

I have noticed in other posts you have made that you believe or feel that making phone calls and writing actually makes a difference. I, on the other hand, fully believe that those in D.C. have gone completely over the top and listen mainly to the big money donors. They are totally out of touch with what THE PEOPLE want. And from my perspective, the government is doing everything it can right now to take advantage of citizens, abusing their powers, and refusing to come clean on or about their "mistakes."

@1923274

I think we can pretty much agree on the fact that the system is extremely flawed. Our leaders are corrupt and we are lied to on a regular basis. In the real world when people screw up on their job, they get fired. In D.C., they get to cover it up and even get promotions. We have a president who said he would run the most transparent presidency in history, and in reality, it has been just the opposite.
The movement that tried to make an honest attempt at bringing our government back to some sort of "reality check" (the Tea Party) was crucified by the media and Democratic Party. Their letters and phone calls did very little to slow the downhill slide this country is experiencing.
I may be considered a radical or extremist, but I don't believe for a second that letters and phone calls are going to stop the present governmental machine. It has become far too big, has little to no accountability, and is spending our nation in to complete obliteration.

while I do agree that these are bad things I don't think they are for the reasons you say

@iamthewalrus while I do agree that these are bad things I don't think they are for the reasons you say

So you actually think or believe the government IS trying and doing all they could to stop these things? My point is, if they CAN do it and are not, then they are being dishonest and wasting a whole lot of money in the process playing at it.