+36

When we were very young, time was endless and we couldn't wait to be older. Once we have aged, time flies by and we long for the days of youth again. Amirite?

freespeechfreelancers avatar News & Current Events
2 12
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm not even that old...but I just feel like time is just flying pass me.

BlindMists avatar BlindMist Yeah You Are +3Reply
@BlindMist I'm not even that old...but I just feel like time is just flying pass me.

At my age, a week passes and seems like a day - no joke. A month seems like a week. You find yourself trying to figure out where it is going. But, really it is just being BUSY with life. Little children don't have any major responsibility, so lots of PLAY time and trying to fill those hours with it. It just amazes me how things change with age.

All except the longing for the youth. No desire to do that again.

Not puberty or jr. High school

@iEmily Not puberty or jr. High school

I didn't necessarily mean to imply repeating everything we ever went through. Just the concept of youth, less responsibility, and time not passing so quickly.

@freespeechfreelancer I didn't necessarily mean to imply repeating everything we ever went through. Just the concept of youth, less...

Interestingly since I was a kid I always wanted to be older. At 8 I dreamed of being 16, at 12 of being 21. In my 20's I wanted to be 30; in my 30's to be 40. I am in my fifties and I want to be 65. Someday I might change and perhaps I am unique in this, but no, I have always wanted to age more quickly.

@VicZinc Interestingly since I was a kid I always wanted to be older. At 8 I dreamed of being 16, at 12 of being 21. In my...

Interesting. I always wanted to be older up to the 30 mark. After that, I guess I really began to notice my limitations. The age brings that out more and more. In the 50's, I can wake up having done nothing, and have a kink, pain, quirk, or muscle spasm. It is so crazy. Not to mention, a few extra pounds like to linger much easier.

If life passes you by, it's cause you don't lead an interesting one.

I do not desire youth again. Being an adult is far more comfortable and appealing. I never really worked as a child. Adulthood suits me just fine.

@LostShadowsGirl I do not desire youth again. Being an adult is far more comfortable and appealing. I never really worked as a...

I don't think I actually want to be a child again. I was trying to capture the fact that children and youthfulness do not have the pressures, responsibility, and stresses that come with adulthood. Children (for the most part) are taken care of and time seems so endless. I only see and realize it now as I "look back" to those days. I am fine with being an adult, but the innocence and energy of the younger person is hard to beat.

Call me weird but I enjoy the pressures and responsibility. I remember as a child constantly watching the clock. Both parents worked full time, so I was mostly alone. Now I have found someone, have a pet, and a full time job and am thriving. And I think because I am able to do more, I have more energy. I quite literally cannot, not don't want to, understand, missing childhood. I even see my parents more now!

@LostShadowsGirl Call me weird but I enjoy the pressures and responsibility. I remember as a child constantly watching the clock...

It isn't weird - just a difference in perspective. Nothing wrong with that at all. We all have memories of things that are special and unique to the context of our upbringing. And to some degree, we never fully "escape" that. That is one of the beauties of being able to share with others. It broadens our appreciation for the whole experience of humanity and life.