+32

Theoretically, with the aid of Google and the internet, it is possible to be "smarter" than your parents but not "wiser" with/in experience. Amirite?

freespeechfreelancers avatar Jokes & Humour
0 13
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

One can simply have extremely unwise parents. It's not impossible, but very improbable

@Watchful_questioneer One can simply have extremely unwise parents. It's not impossible, but very improbable

I did not use the word impossible - you did. I realize age alone does not equal wisdom, but I also realize that age alone does bring MORE experiences. Nobody can deny that a 70 yr. old person has experienced and lived through more things in their lifetime than a 15 year old has. The law of averages alone would dictate such (granted, there are or could be exceptions to every rule or example). We are all supposed to learn from our mistakes, but some never do. But "smarts" (brain knowledge) is not the same as "wisdom" (life, experience, head, practical, judgment, decision making). Many smart people are also wise, but there are many who aren't. I have run in to plenty of smart people over the years but who had extremely bad habits and addictions that were killing them. I would classify that as unwise.

@freespeechfreelancer I did not use the word impossible - you did. I realize age alone does not equal wisdom, but I also realize that age...

Oh, I addressed that wrong, but regardless, if an adult were to have spent their entire lives in a secluded village with no pursuit of the outside, were compared to a well traveled youth who has observed and seen many ways of life, it could be in favor of the youth, possibly

@freespeechfreelancer Exactly - but that is a hypothetical and exception to the rule....................

But it can happen a number of ways- it's not a single instance of the rule being broken: there's a sizable gap in the rule

@freespeechfreelancer So now you are saying there are more youth who ARE wiser than their parents?

There certainly aren't a lot, but certainly there must be some who are, even if only a small handful of people in the entire world.

@freespeechfreelancer I can accept and live with that.

Yeah. I consider the internet to be a source of experience if used properly, and can be valuable in learning and growing wise. Since the post addresses the hypothetical question of possibility, I disagreed.

@Watchful_questioneer Yeah. I consider the internet to be a source of experience if used properly, and can be valuable in learning and...

Good discussion and conversation. That is what it's all about. I appreciate you sharing with me.

@Watchful_questioneer Thanks for being open to debate and understanding- that's what this site is all about

Only when others are willing to share and actually open up. Some just vote and leave it there. I enjoy going to the next level and giving and receiving exchange.

Some lessons can not be book learned or learned by research. Life itself teaches some and many lessons. Those come ONLY with time, age, and experiences.