+45

People that use the word ignorant incorrectly are ignorant about the definition of ignorant. Amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Jokes & Humour
0 4
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

you got an example?

I think it has something to do with food
(looking at topics)
but I don't get it wary smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala you got an example? I think it has something to do with food (looking at topics) but I don't get it

Oh the topics I just pick at random cuz there is way too many and ain't nobody got time for that. They usually don't mean anything on my posts.

Example that inspired this post:

There was a picture of a mother who had children born on 08/08/08, 09/09/09, and 10/10/10- the odds of that are 50 million to 1. Well, there was a comment that said "i'm more impressed that such an ugly woman gave birth to 3 cute kids" and a slew of comments calling that person ignorant followed. Not calling them ignorant because "ugly people can have cute babies," calling them ignorant because "that's mean and you're an ugly person, calling someone ugly makes you ignorant!"

Well, beauty does not have a set definition, therefore, not thinking someone is pretty does not mean you do not know what beauty is.

So basically, the word ignorant means you don't know something, or are factually incorrect about something. So if you use the word ignorant to describe anything besides someone who doesn't have knowledge about something, you're using the word wrong- you don't know what ignorant means, so you're ignorant about what the meaning of the word ignorant means.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frank_n_Furter Oh the topics I just pick at random cuz there is way too many and ain't nobody got time for that. They usually...

OH OKAY

I hear ignorant being used as an insult a lot
when that's not always the case

so that might be how those people used the work ignorant
ignorantly

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply

That is a whole lotta ignorance!