+109

Just because you suffered a hardship and made it out fine doesn't make it OK for you to criticize those who went through the same thing and came out worse off, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Religion
0 9
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'll agree but there are many situations (usually not even considered hardships) where some people need to just toughen the fuck up.

But in reference to legitimate hardships, criticism isn't going to help them. However, if the person made it through fine, I'm sure they're more qualified to help someone struggling through the same event than someone who's never experienced it. They should use their experience to help and council them, not criticize.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +3Reply

This is something that irritates me so much. Everybody is different, so judging people based on your own life is incredibly narrow minded.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are +1Reply
@rilara This is something that irritates me so much. Everybody is different, so judging people based on your own life is...

I just thought of an example. Judging someone for being unable to beat a drug addiction, simply because you did. Drugs can do completely different things for people, so expecting everyone to move past something that is extremely powerful and difficult to beat is ridiculous.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are +3Reply

Cuz u treat people the way u want to

Craigos avatar Craigo Yeah You Are 0Reply

You are rite.
Maybe could we nuance it, by saying that a person who went through the same thing is likely to be, more than anyone else, able to understand what it's like ; and that this person's judgement can actually be quite fair, be he criticising or forgiving.

hugos avatar hugo Yeah You Are 0Reply

Is this related to Cory Monteith?

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frank_n_Furter No, who is that?

He was an actor on the tv show Glee. He died yesterday, but recently went to rehab to battle substance abuse. My comment was actually based on hearing about that.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are 0Reply