+384

I understand that money can't buy happiness, but I spent money to buy this computer that I am on, and so far I'm pretty content with it. amirite?

SavannahStar1010s avatar
2 6
The voters have decided that SavannahStar1010 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Money can't buy true happiness, but it can buy pleasure.

Clementiness avatar Clementines Yeah You Are +3Reply

Money cannot buy happiness. On the other hand, one needs to have money to legally obtain the things that do bring happiness and joy. You even need money to get a family. No one in their right mind would marry you, no matter how much they love you if the sum total of your families' estates is very negative.

@1496389

I agree with you 100%. Reminded me of this:

"Aristotle believed that the reason why so many people are unhappy is that they keep foolishly confusing 'pleasure' for 'happiness.' 'Pleasure' is simply about immediate gratification -- of your body/ego. 'Happiness' is about seeking longterm growth for yourself as a thriving individual - and is about nourishing your soul/core self" (http://www.psychologytoday.com/...-tip-aristotle).

Rhinocrows avatar Rhinocrow Yeah You Are 0Reply

Money can't buy happiness on it's own, but good spending decisions can.

Having a lot of money wouldn't automatically bring me happiness; but it wouldn't automatically depress me, either.