+24

Part of why you come on this site is to read or participate in debates, amirite?

In all the time that I've been on this site, some of the most interesting, thought provoking, and hilarious insights that I've seen on here have been in the comments. They are a big part of why I and many others come on this site. I recently saw that a user seems to feel like the debates on here are unnecessary and don't belong on this site, so I'm curious to see how others feel about them.

rilaras avatar Internet & Apps
2 9
The voters have decided that rilara is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I come here mainly for the debates and philosophical insights into life:)

Sophie31s avatar Sophie31 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Express my opinion on matters that interest me most!

Amiriter38539s avatar Amiriter38539 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Nope, hate'm and think they're stupid. I just want something funny or relatable.

@Skr3wBall Nope, hate'm and think they're stupid. I just want something funny or relatable.

The funny and relatable posts were the reason that I came to amirite! I don't really see a lot of posts like that anymore, so now I use FML and a couple of other sites to make me laugh. It's been like four years since I first started using the site, and since I'm getting older, I figured that I could use this site as a way to think a bit more seriously about issues in the world, and voice my opinion on them.

I know you've been on here for a while, but since the debates and more serious posts are a majority of the site now, do you still like the it here?

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are +1Reply
@rilara The funny and relatable posts were the reason that I came to amirite! I don't really see a lot of posts like that...

There hasn't been a site better than this one was at its prime, the only think that in my opinion has come close is cheezburger and I think reddit could be fun if I could begin to understand it. I don't still like it here, I come back HOPING I'll like something even though usually everything is subpar, bland, pseudo-political, anti-government, anarchist, socialist, religious, anti-religious or stolen from another site.

Which sucks. A lot.

of shark testicles.

daily.

@Skr3wBall There hasn't been a site better than this one was at its prime, the only think that in my opinion has come close is...

I get that. When the site was at its worst last year, I stayed on hoping that it'll get better again. I think what helped is understanding that the site has changed. There would literally be no reason to go on this site if I couldn't learn to accept and maybe appreciate some of the changes.

I think part of what we have to accept as older users is that the actual content has changed. You can't completely blame the owners of amirite, because a lot of the site's changes are due to the new users. We have a few new ones who are great, and a lot of ridiculously prominent users who are obnoxious, arrogant, and/or post all the irritating posts that I enjoy ranting against. If the site doesn't attract the awesome users that it used to have, there's no point hoping that it will get better, because it won't.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand reddit! I feel like I'm missing something whenever I go on that site.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are 0Reply