+26

The statistic is that about 50% of pregnancies don't make it. They self abort/miscarry. When something goes wrong in the initial stages, it automatically self aborts usually (because the coding isn't right I think). Many women mistake such abortions as the normal period flow and whatnot. 50% is a pretty high and shocking number. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Politics
0 11
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

back in the day
I don't think the percentage would sound so shocking because many women died from giving birth in comparison to now

now
there's been a lot of improvements in the area
and I find it shocking that that many don't make it

I could be wrong about the coding

my memory is fuzzy on that part
I usually just focus on the psychological concepts

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

Is it truly that high?

xxdetroitxxs avatar xxdetroitxx Yeah You Are 0Reply
@xxdetroitxx Is it truly that high?

yup

tons of people go through miscarriages and don't even know it
this is usually in the early early stages

about half of them just don't make it
it's just not meant to be

and I'll show an explain as to why many women think it's just another period

I'll bold the parts I talked about in the post/comment

"Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy in the first 20 weeks. (In medical articles, you may see the term 'spontaneous abortion' used in place of miscarriage.) About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage, and more than 80 percent of these losses happen before 12 weeks.

This doesn't include situations in which you lose a fertilized egg before a pregnancy becomes established. Studies have found that 30 to 50 percent of fertilized eggs are lost before or during the process of implantation – often so early that a woman goes on to get her period at about the expected time."

"Between 50 and 70 percent of first-trimester miscarriages are thought to be random events caused by chromosomal abnormalities in the fertilized egg."

@fuzala yup tons of people go through miscarriages and don't even know it this is usually in the early early stages...

waittttt, if many people go through miscarriages and dont even know it, then how do we know they had one?

@xxdetroitxx waittttt, if many people go through miscarriages and dont even know it, then how do we know they had one?

that's a really good question

but I don't have the answer

it's not a topic I know much about

I'd assume there's a missing link that I'm not thinking of

I am surprised it is that low given all the drunken/stoned mating that occurs.

@VicZinc I am surprised it is that low given all the drunken/stoned mating that occurs.

I can't tell if you're joking

but if you're not
I didn't know drunken/stoned mating leads to miscarriage o.O

scratch that

what I meant was

I didn't know that getting pregnant from drunken/stoned matings lead to miscarriages

@VicZinc I don't either but assume that quality of the sperm might suffer.

wouldn't the defective ones just lose the battle anyways most likely?

I don't know

I don't even know how long it would take for the drugs to do that

I don't know much about it, but it must be some serious shit, to mess up spermatozoids' genome...