+7

Humans are such masochists for having the desire to be immortal, amirite?

Life
1 19

human don't have the desire to be immortal

they did a survey
and the majority said they would prefer not to live past 110 years

@fuzala human don't have the desire to be immortal they did a survey and the majority said they would prefer not to...

Did that survey factor in not aging,and not getting illnesses and becoming weaker?

And isn't that what makes religion so attractive , the promise of an eternal life?

@And isn't that what makes religion so attractive , the promise of an eternal life?

sure
that's a part of the attraction
but there's other stuff too

but I don't find Hell attractive
Heaven is very attractive

as for you first question:
immortality doesn't require those things

@fuzala sure that's a part of the attraction but there's other stuff too but I don't find Hell attractive Heaven is very...

The results would clearly be the opposite if that was factored in.

What would you do for eternity in heaven, wouldn't you eventually get eternally bored? Would you be praising God all the time?
Wouldn't it be better to just blink out of existance?

@The results would clearly be the opposite if that was factored in. What would you do for eternity in heaven...

well since it's Heaven
I sincerely doubt one gets bored

this world can't really compare to the afterlife, can it?

assuming boredom is a bad feeling
there's no place for bad feelings in Heaven

I'd be perfectly happy praising God all the time biggrin smilie

@fuzala well since it's Heaven I sincerely doubt one gets bored this world can't really compare to the afterlife, can it?...

I don't know. Eternal bliss just seems so airy fairy. And existing forever sounds exhausting. Would you be able to feel negative emotions in heaven? Because if not it would be like I'm not really me, but like I was drugged to be forever in paradise.

Oh god I would go insane! It just seems so cruel, egotistical ,vain and maniacal to create something and then have it praise you for eternity. Like your God! Why do you need people to worship you ?

@I don't know. Eternal bliss just seems so airy fairy. And existing forever sounds exhausting. Would you be able to...

God doesn't need people to worship
God was there before people existed

you're entitled to your opinion
but I disagree

again
this life isn't very comparable with the next life

we're very limited in our knowledge
that includes knowledge about the afterlife

@fuzala God doesn't need people to worship God was there before people existed you're entitled to your opinion but I...

Probably.

He sure commands it as well as the acknowledgement of his existance.

And what if you knew someone close to you was suffering in hell? Would it be really be heaven?

I agree. Yet so many people are certain it exists.

@Probably. He sure commands it as well as the acknowledgement of his existance. And what if you knew someone...

I feel certain because of many things

Abrahamic religions:
they came in the order
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam

Prophets from different time periods shared the same messages

the Qur'an contains information that people during the time it was revealed could not have possibly have known

I got this link from this one post on here:
http://www.quranmiracles.com/

it has also has stood the test of time to the point that not a single letter has been changed after 14 centuries

people have not been able to change it

Prophet Muhammad was illiterate
yet some still claim he copied the Bible
but he didn't
http://www.onislam.net/english/...the-bible.html

during his time
there wasn't even an Arabic translation of the Bible

.......................................................

I don't have answers to all the questions though

that we can agree on

@fuzala I feel certain because of many things Abrahamic religions: they came in the order Judaism, Christianity, and...

Are these scientific predictions actually straight-forwardly mentioned in the book?Or is it like all vague and metaphorical that there meaning could be stretched to fit a scientific discovery that has existing proof.

Funny how some people claim that since there are a lot of stories in the bible, as well as examples of their beliefs that seem to be copied from other religions, and mythologies.

@Are these scientific predictions actually straight-forwardly mentioned in the book?Or is it like all vague and...

and what I mean by that is perhaps mythologies got those beliefs from previous religions

considering that there were many prophets
Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc (pbuta)
sharing the same messages
believing in the same God

another thing to note is that most holy books have been altered

What would you do for eternity in heaven, wouldn't you eventually get eternally bored?

How does the desire to be immortal mean that they have a sexual gratification from physical abuse....?

@1944513

"Forever is our today". Great line.