+25

People always talk about how the newer generation has access to more information because they're building upon existing information. It's too bad that many fail to mention that a lot of information is lost too so past people have had access to information that we may not have access to today. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
0 16
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Actually that's inaccurate. From the birth of book people write to fight against loss of information . My generation which is called generation of internet has got so much information exactly because every piece of information is uploaded in a universal library. All past generations have been inheriting fewer and fewer information from their previous. But our generation is the generation that almost none information is lost and in a sense past people haven't had acess to information that we may not have access to today. But that's my perspective :P .

@vagelisxatzz Actually that's inaccurate. From the birth of book people write to fight against loss of information . My...

you don't have information that was discovered hundreds of years ago
or thousands of years ago

information that was lost so long ago is not gained because we have Internet

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

You are right. We have information that is hundreds or thousands years old but it's too little.But this also is the fault in past societies. They didn't have a good way to transfer information and that's maybe a reason we don't have access to this information. Hundreds or thousand of years ago most people passed on techniques or art of professions on their children but had something happen to those children (e.g die in a war) newer generations couldn't get those contextual skills.

@vagelisxatzz You are right. We have information that is hundreds or thousands years old but it's too little.But this also is the...

yes
because they're dead
we can't get the information from them

so the information is lost

the information died when they died

and that sucks :P

I doubt it. Name one thing that humans used to know but no longer know. You can't can you?

So you might be wrong
We might know everything that was ever known.

@VicZinc I doubt it. Name one thing that humans used to know but no longer know. You can't can you? So you might be...

there have been riots and invasions where prestigious libraries were burned and the information within has been lost ever since

of course I can't name it
it's been lost

can't name something that has been lost

that's like asking me to name a forgotten city
how would I know a city that has been forgotten?

plus
I said may

and it's a very probable situation

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply

I feel like my reply comment has a haughty tone
but I didn't intend any haughtiness

just pointing that out

@fuzala I feel like my reply comment has a haughty tone but I didn't intend any haughtiness just pointing that out

not at all - of course you could not name them, and yes that doesn't mean they don't exist. I was pulling your leg a bit. However I think the value that services like youtube have brought to the preservation of know-how should not be overlooked

@VicZinc not at all - of course you could not name them, and yes that doesn't mean they don't exist. I was pulling your leg...

I mean when centuries ago
original books that couldn't be found elsewhere

they didn't have that preservation then

once it's on the internet
it's pretty much there forever

but it wasn't like that before
and there's no way (as of right now)
to get those pieces of information back

@fuzala I mean when centuries ago original books that couldn't be found elsewhere they didn't have that preservation...

I agree accept that I cannot agree because I don't know if this is true. I can assume it may be, but also maybe we figured it all out again or it was passed down and we just don't know it.

And by the way youngster, were did you go and how did you get back. Can you imagine all the "information" that would be lost if fuzala vanished from Amirite? you just think about that before you go disappearing again.

@VicZinc I agree accept that I cannot agree because I don't know if this is true. I can assume it may be, but also maybe we...

lolol even if I disappeared
the information would be there

I just wouldn't get "credit" for it because my mountains of jumbles would just be "anonymous"

I disappear from here a lot
gives me a chance to miss the words and the people

and I thought about that part where you said that we might have gained the information back in another way

and I didn't actually disappear

I was doing this:
http://amirite.com/775164-going...mirite/1965391