+23

A few words from the Declaration of Independence are sounding pretty damn good right now: "...it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." Amirite?

WE THE PEOPLE............something we need desperately to get back to.
The Federal Government has become America's "British Crown." The rights of sovereign states and peoples have been trampled and squashed by the Federal giant in Washington D.C.
Since governments are instituted BY and among men, and government derives its powers "from the consent of the governed," the people have every right and say in what should be done to correct its erroneous ways and direction.
"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."
What are the "ends" the Declaration talks about or is referring to?
"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."
The government does NOT exist to meddle in people's affairs and business. It is time we started declaring our independence once again!

freespeechfreelancers avatar
2 34
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1948820

I have toyed with it in my head for several years.
It would require a great number of people organizing and networking (one thing Obama actually knows how to do). With social media's outreach, a movement or group could be started, named, and promoted. A grassroots effort could establish a time and event to send the message loud and clear of what is expected and demanded. The problem is, that they (Big Brother) have clearly demonstrated that they are intercepting all information being exchanged among ourselves. This very message will land in some dipshit's viewing. They have tapped our phones, emails, and social networking sites. I am not sure how you could even get the word out to enough people in secrecy to make it happen. And I am confident, all of this is by design and with intent. These young kids on here can't see what is taking shape, but THE MAN is boxing us in and setting the stage to where we can't oppose them. About the ONLY thing we truly have left in our defense IS our guns. They know that as well. And they will not relinquish their efforts to take them. At some point, I believe they will mandate the surrender of all weapons. If, and when that happens, we are completely helpless. Our founding fathers knew this and wrote extensively about it.
But a large percentage (30% or greater) of the total populous would have to band together in unity and goal to stand up (not just on paper) and tell them that we have had enough and we are not going to take it. The Tea Party is the closest attempt in trying to do such a thing. And look how they have been branded and targeted. You have to know that when the liberals are bitching and screaming against ANY thing, then you are on the right track and at least getting their attention.
If this group of people would all decide to not file a tax return for one given year, and all give the same reason as to why, there would not be enough law enforcement or jails to hold the surge. In other words, flood the system with a demand that can't be ignored. If 1 million people or more descended on Washington D.C. prepared to die over their country and getting back to the basics, that force would have to be reckoned with.
And I believe the system is too broke to fix. I personally believe that there needs to be a complete overhaul and house cleaning. Just as failing major league teams fire the head coach and all staff, D.C. needs to be fired and the people need to take charge of putting in solid regular people with experiences other than attorney, lying, and extortion.
These are some random thoughts. But the founders of this country were true revolutionaries and visionaries. They were willing to sacrifice everything to make a break from King George. And we must reach the same point.
Any real attempt by citizens will be met with force. Kent State is a clear example of what government will do to you if you don't sit down and shut up! They will shut you up - and did that day. The Waco Texas / Branch Davidian seige was another example of what government will do to you if you cross them. As long as we have a weapon, we stand some kind of chance. Take the weapons away, and all bets are off for good.

@1948854

But if they don't come to that realization, the comforts are going to disappear any way. One of the old time cigarette ads said, "I'd rather fight than switch." And that is where we will have to be to survive. The switch is being made right before our eyes. We either see and change it, or we go down with it.

@freespeechfreelancer I have toyed with it in my head for several years. It would require a great number of people organizing and...

You can communicate without anyone to intercept anything. Programs like PGP are free, easy to use, and actually work.
Except : "Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that you can rely on. Unfortunately, endpoint security is so terrifically weak that NSA can frequently find ways around it." (Edward Snowden)

So it is possible to tell the word to many people, but they should be a bit careful and knowledgeable regarding information security.
Setting ip a Facebook event is not the way to go ; however PGP is, and it is simple enough to use, so that everyone should be using it.

@hugo You can communicate without anyone to intercept anything. Programs like PGP are free, easy to use, and actually...

Thanks. Had not heard of this, so just Googled it. It looks pretty solid but the only loophole seems to be the key that each party needs to decrypt the message. How would you get the key to each person without that being discovered? We already know they can pull our cell phone calls out of the air, so cell phone transmissions are not safe.
Do you know if they are able to capture text messages? My phone provider is Cricket, and I have asked them if they keep text messages and they told me no.

@freespeechfreelancer Thanks. Had not heard of this, so just Googled it. It looks pretty solid but the only loophole seems to be the key...

The knowledge of the key by each party is a flaw of symmetric encryption.
However, PGP uses asymmetric encryption : each person has two keys, a public one and a private one.
The private key is only known to the user who created it.
The public key is supposed to be known (ie available) to virtually anyone.

The analogy that got me to grasp the concept was this one :
A private key is like a real key, and a public key is like the lockpad that matches it. You keep the key with you, and distribute the lockpads to anyone requesting it.
This way, people write messages to you and lock it with YOUR lockpad. By doing so, they can be pretty sure you're the only one able to read it, cause you should be the only one with the key.
Keep in mind that it is theoretically impossible to find out the private key with the public key, this is a one-way process.
This ensures confidentiality, but there is another trick to ensure the identity of the sender. Otherwise, anyone can send you a message sealed with your lockpad, pretending to be your aunt Sally.

About the telephone, I think communications are not recorded anyways (really too much garbage data), with the exception of Angela Merkel or other important people's phone. They probably only record which phone called which other phone (ie the callers) and the date and time and duration of the call — which are clue that can help police tracking down someone anyway.
That said, I don't know if one should trust his carrier when it's about not giving info to a state org like the NSA.
Anyway, no need to share any key through unsafe channels like the phone :)

@hugo The knowledge of the key by each party is a flaw of symmetric encryption. However, PGP uses asymmetric encryption :...

I pretty much grasped that from my reading. My point was, how do you "distribute" even the private key privately? You would have to communicate it somehow, so unless done verbally in person, it can be detected or known by others. Cell phones, emails, and snail mail can all be monitored and detected in this day and age of no privacy. If the purpose of our discussion was to be able to start a mass social movement without the detection or interference of those we are trying to oust, then we still are faced with the same dilemma using this method.

@freespeechfreelancer I pretty much grasped that from my reading. My point was, how do you "distribute" even the private key privately?...

No, the very point of asymmetric encryption is that you don't need to communicate the private keys, in fact, you really shouldn't.

Btw, of course phone calls could be recorded, but they are most probably not, at least not before one of the interlocutors arises suspicion. But as always, better safe than sorry.

@hugo No, the very point of asymmetric encryption is that you don't need to communicate the private keys, in fact, you...

I wish you would just answer my question. If I have a private key, and the other person I want to uncode my message needs my private key to open my message, how do I get the private key to that person without detection? That is all I am trying to get answered.

@freespeechfreelancer I wish you would just answer my question. If I have a private key, and the other person I want to uncode my message...

short answer : encrypt it.

I wish you would just read what I write : you don't need anyone to know your private key, now if you want to share a private key jut for the sake of it... using asymmetric encryption to encrypt the key itself should do the trick.

time to follow it

valentineleos avatar valentineleo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1948979

Without liberty and freedom we are all dead already!

@freespeechfreelancer Without liberty and freedom we are all dead already!

If you think you need death to accomplish things, then you've already lost life.

@JohnJillky If you think you need death to accomplish things, then you've already lost life.

Read my comment in context please. I said WITHOUT liberty and freedom......we are DEAD already. Slaves and servants don't have lives of their own and may as well be dead. I did not say what you said. Please get a life before commenting and interpreting someone else incorrectly.

@1949051

But even at that, we are still leaving the whole "fix" in the hands of the Republicans. And they have proven they can't be trusted or believed. The lesser of 2 evils isn't working any more. The problem is greater than that.

@1949054

I have been watching closely myself. They have talked bigger than the results they are able to get. D.C. and the whole machine thrives on cutting deals and compromise. The Republicans get scared and cave every time Obama goes public and shames them by calling them names. Instead of holding their ground this last time, Boehner (pronounced "boner") allowed the vote to be taken for a higher debt ceiling and they did not hold on the no funding of Obamacare. The whole thing was "temporary" again, and crisis will set in by January. January is going to be one hellatious month, because Obamacare is supposed to kick in full swing by then.
Have you heard about the hundreds of thousands of people who are getting letters in the mail being dropped by their insurance providers?

@1949060

That would be fat ass Christie - right?

@1949070

I would like to think Hillary killed her chances because of Benghazi, but hard to say. Still no answers and it appears that all attempts to get to the bottom of it have been swept away. I don't see any way the country can last until 2024. The finances will not hold out that long.

@1949075

I heard of it. Is it something I can find easily?

BOOOM!

YoAdriennes avatar YoAdrienne Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1949082

I don't have any of his books, but do listen to some of his program each day. I never get to hear the whole thing. He is talking about things others are not, and his predictions have been spot on.