+4

You would use ratemyprofessors.com or an equivalent site before you sign up for classes because you don't wanna end up with a sucky professor if you don't have to. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Education
0 9
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sometimes, the professors everyone hates turn out to be awesome, in a way you can't find out without talking to them.

@IyzCampbell Sometimes, the professors everyone hates turn out to be awesome, in a way you can't find out without talking to them.

I don't agree with everything the reviews say

but that goes for anything
like movies, books, etc.

I don't have the opportunity to actually speak to every single professor before I choose them
so review site is the next best thing

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala I don't agree with everything the reviews say but that goes for anything like movies, books, etc. I don't have...

But why bother? Sign up for the classes you want to, get whatever teacher you get, and deal with it. You might hate them, or really enjoy their class, but its much more fun to find something unexpected than to rely on other people's views.

@IyzCampbell But why bother? Sign up for the classes you want to, get whatever teacher you get, and deal with it. You might hate...

not really

if I can save myself from a teacher that has trouble explaining

and find one that teaches with more clarity

I would go for that

I'm paying for these classes
so might as well get the best from it

I wouldn't purposely risk my learning experience like that

had enough of that in k-12

@fuzala not really if I can save myself from a teacher that has trouble explaining and find one that teaches with more...

I suppose, but everyone thinks differently. In my case, I just go with whatever I get.

@IyzCampbell I suppose, but everyone thinks differently. In my case, I just go with whatever I get.

I'll go with the benefits of reviews

I rather not waste my time or money

@IyzCampbell Personal preferences. We're all unique individuals. :)

didn't say we don't have personal preferences

that's kinda implied on an opinion site where you share those personal preferences

and that's exactly what we did