-61

A neighborhood is a "black" neighborhood if at least a third of the population is black, amirite?

JohnJillkys avatar Life
0 62
The voters have decided that JohnJillky is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

wut? ._.

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +1Reply
@1964751

This joke was just a joke. I agree with everything you said

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are +1Reply
@JohnJillky This joke was just a joke. I agree with everything you said

"It's alright. I tend to joke 'incorrectly' and inadvertently give people the wrong ideas."

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +1Reply

Neighborhoods are not black or any color. Neighborhoods are locations with houses that are filled with people.

@tmoneyswagg At whose expense?

...you're not one of those, are you :/

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@JohnJillky ...you're not one of those, are you :/

No, not at all, I just want to know what the joke was implying?

tmoneyswaggs avatar tmoneyswagg Yeah You Are 0Reply
@tmoneyswagg No, not at all, I just want to know what the joke was implying?

i think of it as sort of a satirical thought from the perspective of a person who grew up in a white neighborhood and is seeing minorities grow in the country.

@freespeechfreelancer Neighborhoods are not black or any color. Neighborhoods are locations with houses that are filled with people.

Sure, if you strictly use the dictionary entry (which I don't blame you for; I'm sure most people can tell by now that I am a literalist). But the use of "neighborhood" to describe the community, people, and other non-literal aspects of the neighborhood is used commonly enough that one cannot ignore the connotations or second meanings of this, or of any word.

On a second, literal note, if a neighborhood was entirely black in color (not race.. the neighborhood itself), would you consider it to be a "black neighborhood?"

what?

@wasteofsperm what?

This was a joking post. Satirical in nature.

@1971275

That's exactly what this post was all about lol

@fuzala I thought it was a joke?

I'm joking about how a small amount of minority blood in a community makes it that minority's neighborhood.

@1971275

So are you saying the race card actually works?

@fuzala he didn't say anything about the race card

Let him speak for himself.....from what I read of his comment, ANY portion of black wins out no matter what. That is a form of the race card - thank you very much!

@freespeechfreelancer Let him speak for himself.....from what I read of his comment, ANY portion of black wins out no matter what. That...

I read his comment
no mention of race card
thus, he didn't say something about race card

not speaking for him
just answering based on what is written

"Playing the race card is an idiomatic phrase that refers to exploitation of either racist or anti-racist attitudes by accusing others of racism."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_card

I read his comment again
no where do I see that

nothing about racism
nada
nothing
zip
zilch
hmmph

@fuzala I read his comment no mention of race card thus, he didn't say something about race card not speaking for him just...

Good grief woman! Do you not ever pick up on subtle intentions or hints? Does somebody have to use the words RACE CARD for it to be implied or applicable?
If a person has any percentage of black in them and is automatically considered black, then it is easy to say that the race card can win out no matter what.
But again, you are speaking on behalf of somebody else and trying to make a case FOR them. That is totally out of line.

@freespeechfreelancer Good grief woman! Do you not ever pick up on subtle intentions or hints? Does somebody have to use the words RACE...

Good grief man! Do you ever think that maybe you catch hints and intentions that aren't actually there?

Not only does he not use the terms race card, he doesn't even talk about racism in general.

Once again, I'm not speaking for him. I'm speaking on what I think is being said. That's not out of line. It's called talking to people, and expressing my OWN understanding of it all.

He's not here right now so I thought I'd start something off right now.

@fuzala Good grief man! Do you ever think that maybe you catch hints and intentions that aren't actually there? Not only...

OMG....all of this from the woman who claims she does not have to always be right!
I am not in the mood to argue or fight. You seem to be up to it any time of the day or night. I am moving on............

@freespeechfreelancer OMG....all of this from the woman who claims she does not have to always be right! I am not in the mood to argue...

You are so off topic.

Instead of replying to my content, you make up all these claims about me that don't deal with the topic at hand. I didn't say I was right. It's possible that I am wrong.

Perhaps you're projecting your own "I always have to be right" mentality onto to me. It's a good thing you're moving on maniac smilie

@JohnJillky And I thought Vic and freespeech were fiery

wut? ._.

You've never seen fire in me before?

pfft

@fuzala wut? ._. You've never seen fire in me before? pfft

I mean between you a freespeech. Don't worry, I've seen the blaze in you plenty lol

@JohnJillky I mean between you a freespeech. Don't worry, I've seen the blaze in you plenty lol

hehe smilie

you obviously haven't seen the beginnings of me and FS
or else you definitely would not say that

@fuzala you obviously haven't seen the beginnings of me and FS or else you definitely would not say that

I wouldn't be surprised I guess. I was talking to a couple people who blocked him. Yeesh!

@1977387

How in the actual f*ck is that relevant lol?!

@1977387

I would've just shut my laptop
maybe after saving the kid maniac smilie

And the reason we have to racially classify neighborhoods like a bunch of apartheid fascists is...?

@JohnJillky the post was a joke.

You need to work on your comic technique. You're no Andy Kauffman.

@freespeechfreelancer Especially when it isn't obviously clear.

How often is satire obviously clear?

it can be a subtle art form hehe smilie

@JohnJillky Satire isn't recognized by everyone.

Don't forget that satire also needs context. You sound a little smarmy when you point out that it's not recognized by everyone. Without context, how does anyone know you're satirizing something?

Are you referring to something specific that happened recently? Or an individual? Satire needs that mocking element...what exactly are you satirizing?

@TommyUK1234 Don't forget that satire also needs context. You sound a little smarmy when you point out that it's not recognized...

I'm mocking people who see neighborhoods with a minority of minorities as having a majority or minorities. This is a pretty without-context post though. I wish I could repost it to make the satire a bit more obvious.

@1977748

I wanted to say it, but glad you did. Trying to use satire to shed light on a racist issue is still showing tendencies of racism itself. But it is only racist if the white guy points it out. That is the plan and how it is used as a political weapon to manipulate.

@1977753

LOL....maybe I can get a free pass on mine then!

@1977758

I accept it. Now if it was only that easy in the world.