+42

I used to be surprised when trusted government agencies were found to be incompetent or corrupt, FBI, Secret Service, NSA, FEMA, The FED., CDC but now it has become clear that a government as large and bloated as ours can do nothing but fail. Amirite?

Davers avatar Politics
1 9
The voters have decided that Daver is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Perhaps "fail" is to strong a word. Sometimes huge bureaucratic organizations are only only grossly inefficient.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PhilboydStudge Perhaps "fail" is to strong a word. Sometimes huge bureaucratic organizations are only only grossly inefficient.

Yeah I guess i was thinking about the agencies that have worked against the rights of citizens rather than protecting them. Should have made two statements, one about gross inefficiency and another about outfits like the DOJ, NSA, and the IRS. eyes smilie

Davers avatar Daver Yeah You Are 0Reply

Any government big-or-small can do nothing but fail. Governments are a construct totally unneeded in human society.

@ErasmusB_FurmanSmall Any government big-or-small can do nothing but fail. Governments are a construct totally unneeded in human society.

American indians had only tribal counsels, which work well at that small scale. What replaces a tribal counsel in a nation of over two hundred million?

Davers avatar Daver Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Daver American indians had only tribal counsels, which work well at that small scale. What replaces a tribal counsel in...

I did mean to imply that there was a way to eliminate governments. They are unneeded but probably inevitable, as long a there are humans who continue to believe they are smarter, more clever, more capable or more worthy than their fellows. That thought process, superiority, is (sadly) likely an innate quality of conscientiousness, if you are aware of yourself, you are likely aware of others and then you tend feel superior to them as a self-preservation response.

They have managed to keep things going and no government is perfect, anymore than people are

JohnTs avatar JohnT No Way 0Reply

The government just keeps getting bigger and wasting more money and the citizens aren't getting much of anything for their tax money. Like the government owned train Amtrack that cost tax payers $1.4 Billion back in 2013. I have never been on it nor do I live any where near it so it does not help me in the least.

DocFreemans avatar DocFreeman Yeah You Are 0Reply