+49

You wonder why, while half the world is starving, half the people you know are trying to lose weight. Amirite?

VicZincs avatar Jokes & Humour
0 22
The voters have decided that VicZinc is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think the problem with poverty, is our government, and other governments would rather find ways to kill each other, instead of finding ways to help everyone. If as a species, we took the money out of our military budgets, and put it into a group science fund, (the best scientists from each nation work together on problems that effect their countries, and advancing the technologies,) this would make the world a better more peaceful place. And just think of how advanced we could be in like 20 years. Flying cars, teleportation, true virtual reality, superfoods, terraforming, etc... The possibilities are endless.

Maelthuss avatar Maelthus Yeah You Are +2Reply

Fun fact: The portion of the poor people having weight issues is greater than that of the richer.

@hugo Fun fact: The portion of the poor people having weight issues is greater than that of the richer.

Unfortunately, unhealthy food is insanely cheap (why hello there .30 cent packets of ramen) so poor people eat foods that make their weight skyrocket and then people then say "how can you be so poor and yet so fat?"

Because every situation is different.

I live in a dump neighborhood. Half the people I know stuff themselves when they can

Nope.

Damis avatar Dami No Way 0Reply

The fact that there are eating contests is shameful.

@Kumquat The fact that there are eating contests is shameful.

You're only telling this because you lost the contest !

@hugo You're only telling this because you lost the contest !

Haha yup. I couldn't shove enough down my gullet now i'm real disappointed in myself I can't let it go.

@StickCaveman Please explain.

We're concerned with entertaining ourselves with overconsumption while there are those who are starving.

@1990161

There are 3 or 4 companies
that control 90%
of food production on this planet.

The men (mostly)
who control these companies
[Cargill, Monsanto, Archer Daniels and Potash]
literally control the planet.
They control the supply chains
from top to bottom
they pay $hundreds-of-millions$
to control virtually every government world-wide.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1990161

My problem, why is food, something that should be a given right, privatized?

Maelthuss avatar Maelthus Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1990161

Yup. It's all about the benjies. Unless...i dunno...do they get a thrill out of it regardless of the money?