0

Do you use the "Anonymous" option when asking or answering questions on Amirite?

Drues avatar Life
8 94
The people are still deciding if Drue is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The only advantage I see to being anonymous is that people can't block you.

@2076697

I hadn't thought of that. Now that's a pretty shitty friend. We don't need any of them. :)

No. Why bother making an account if I'm just going to ask or answer anonymously?

I believe in standing behind what I say. Posting something anonymously is cowardly

My posts may not be great, but I'm willing to own them :)

I didn't know we could! :)

Because I'm not a douche.

To post anonymously is cowardly

@Drue I agree

You know Drue, last night I was on a post where about seven people were attacking me anonymously.

Remember my cat Louie? Apparently, he and his death were considered fair bait. If I could get a hold of the one who thought of bringing him into a fight, it would not end well for them.

I think I will post this one anonymously, since there seems to be at least one of those people from last night, on this post.

No, posting anonymously is cowardly.

@2075876

Thank you, Platinum!smile smilie

If I don't want anybody to know me, I'll stay off the site.

A close bunch of friends does it all the time. They did it to me on one post all night long. I was the only one who was using my name thus sticking out like a sore thumb. Which of course, is what they wanted.

I didn't know there was, but I don't see any reason to.

@Drue No need for SOCKS this way I suppose?

I don't mind saying who I am when I ask a question, but I guess it is a good option.

No. This is me.

According to the stats on my profile page
I have made 126 out-of 541 post anonymously
Looking back they tend to be:

• provocative or sexual
  • ones I deemed inappropriate for my age (e.g., about pop culture)
  • Sarcastic (i.e., post that express the opposite of my real opinion)
  • plagiarized from other sites

I suspect I do the same with comments.

I can't think of any reason why I would, but I may decide to use it someday. I see it as a useful feature.

But, I might in the near future. I think it's an excellent thing to have especially if you have a different type of opinion and know your friends on here might see you in another light after stating it.

@Visigothicreign But, I might in the near future. I think it's an excellent thing to have especially if you have a different type of...

Ya see, that's exactly the reason I would oppose the anonymous thing. It's like enabling as many Sock Accounts as required! Not being honest with your friends ain't cool man.

@Budwick Ya see, that's exactly the reason I would oppose the anonymous thing. It's like enabling as many Sock Accounts as...

Well, if someone is going to create sock accounts, maybe this option might just cut back on it. I believe in total anonymity.

@Visigothicreign Well, if someone is going to create sock accounts, maybe this option might just cut back on it. I believe in total...

My point is that you don't need a sock account if you have the option to answer anonymously. Sure it cuts down on sock accounts, but it doesn't cut down on the aggravation socks bring.

How anonymous does one have to be? I mean, is "Visigothicreign" your given name? Am I going to find that name in any phone book on the planet?

Why become anonymous

I haven't yet and really can't imagine why I would. That being said, it's just another option I suppose.

Neither. At least, not yet.

@2075350

There is and people use it to down vote others and make nasty comments. . SMH

Have not yet and will not.

Didn't even know there was a option

@Deadcutie Didn't even know there was a option

I didn't either. I just found this out now. It's good if a person doesn't want to get ridiculed when alot of that happens on sites and some get followed around. It's good to use it sometimes.

Doesn't matter, most on SH are aware I have no problems discussing my lifestyles in the open

why be afraid of your own opinion?

No I wouldn't.

I can see why others might do...but personally I've never seen the point. It just doesn't occur to me. I guess I'm not deceptive that way.

I guess for those who make false accounts "Socks" won't have to go through all the trouble now!

Seems like cop out to me. I mean, how anonymous does one have to be?

I don't know how to be anonymous.

Nope, If I am going to make an ass of myself, I would like for it to be known that it was me. hehe smilie