+104

Seriously if you're a really religious person you shouldn't be on the internet. amirite?

Lostmans avatar
1 55
The voters have decided that Lostman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, only if you're a really religious person who gets offended too easily and pushes things down other's throats.

sansas avatar sansa No Way +42Reply
@sansa No, only if you're a really religious person who gets offended too easily and pushes things down other's throats.

Except on this site it's the atheists who push their beliefs on others. It's the atheist who aren't happy to let Christians believe what they want. It's the atheist who are always pushing for an argument.

@Not all atheists. some Christians do that too.

I understand that, but the majority of religious arguments on this site spawn from atheists criticizing religion, and then go on to say that it's because Christians try to shove their beliefs down everyone's throats. It's often ridiculously hypocritical.

@I understand that, but the majority of religious arguments on this site spawn from atheists criticizing religion...

no, not the majority. Some arguments are caused by atheists, some are caused by christians. Actually the majority of religious arguments are caused by trolls.

@no, not the majority. Some arguments are caused by atheists, some are caused by christians. Actually the majority...

Yeah, it's easy to assume they're atheist, but yes I I suppose trolls could be giving you a bad rep.

(Anonymous):actually this argument started with your comment attacking atheists.

@1262241

You're right about that, but the comment attacking atheists was completely unnecessary

@Except on this site it's the atheists who push their beliefs on others. It's the atheist who aren't happy to let...

LOL over-generalization. I'm an atheist, and this is the first time I've ever even mentioned it on this site. Why don't you go interview every single atheist on this website before making such a baseless statement like that?

@LOL over-generalization. I'm an atheist, and this is the first time I've ever even mentioned it on this site...

Re-read, I said the majority of arguments are caused by atheists NOT the majority of atheist cause arguments.

@1262132

The truth? that WAS an over-generalization. yes, some atheists shove their beliefs down each others throat, so do christians. how would you feel if the comment read:

"Except on this site it's the christians who push their beliefs on others. It's the christians who aren't happy to let atheists believe what they want. It's the christians who are always pushing for an argument."

i've read many religious arguments on this site, and atheists and christians both shove their beliefs down each other's throats. Atheists don't do it more than christians, and christians don't do it more than atheists, it's about half and half. However, that comment made it seem like its only atheists that shove their beliefs down people's throats and the christians are the victim and make atheists seem mean, which isn't true at all.

@1262254

also keep in mind most religious arguments are started by trolls, and i don't know what you've been looking at, but I've seen posts started by christians before. It's not mostly atheists that cause debates, it's some atheists that cause debates.

It would have been better if you would have said that easily offended people need to stay off the internet.

Being religious has nothing to do with whether or not one should be on the internet. How about people who get extremely offended at racist or sexist jokes? People who don't understand sarcasm? Like a few others said, it's the easily offended that don't belong on the internet; don't single out religious people.

@heysoulsister Being religious has nothing to do with whether or not one should be on the internet. How about people who get...

most "religious" people get easily offended, who are the ones this post was talking about

actual religious people are usually pretty nice, from what I've seen

Alexuss avatar Alexus Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Alexus most "religious" people get easily offended, who are the ones this post was talking about actual religious people...

if we religious people are the easily offended ones then why are you the ones telling us that we can't pray in school? According to some it is "offensive". I would not join someone praying to buddha (or some other god)but it wouldn't offend me.

@lookitup if we religious people are the easily offended ones then why are you the ones telling us that we can't pray in...

That's not athiests, that's the government. Separation of church and state, you know? Also, Buddha isn't a God.

@That's not athiests, that's the government. Separation of church and state, you know? Also, Buddha isn't a God.

(:)): separation of church and state was made for one reason. And that reason was so that the government could not establish a national religion. It was not so th they can take God out of schools. It takes away MY freedom of speech to tell me I can't pray in school. MY freedom of religion to tell me I can't tell others about God which is what the Bible says to do.

@lookitup (:)): separation of church and state was made for one reason. And that reason was so that the government could not...

But that's the thing, if the government cannot establish a national religion, what then makes you think it's acceptable to allow people in a mandatory and very public establishment (school) to go around promoting their religion? Keep in mind that there are many different religions and beliefs, and almost never does vocalizing those differences end well. People are very sensitive regarding what they think, and so it's a very touchy subject. And the thing is everyone is basically trying to help everyone else, and that's beautiful but it's also very irritating because everyone thinks they alone are right. Of course you have a right to freedom of speech, but just because you have that right does it necessarily mean in all good sense that you should use it?

@Cuban_B But that's the thing, if the government cannot establish a national religion, what then makes you think it's...

that's just it, it is my decision whether or not I choose to use my freedom of speech. Wise or unwise it is my freedom. And honestly I wouldn't mind all that much if someone tried telling me about their religious beliefs.

@lookitup that's just it, it is my decision whether or not I choose to use my freedom of speech. Wise or unwise it is my...

Lol EXACTLY. It's your choice. And if you can readily admit that it can be unwise, then you can realize how childish you sound. Just be a good Christian, make a RESPONSIBLE decision, and respectfully let it go. Live and let live, right?

@Cuban_B Lol EXACTLY. It's your choice. And if you can readily admit that it can be unwise, then you can realize how...

see there's the problem. If I just leave you alone, I believe you won't live. I believe that you will die and spend eternity in Hell. Whereas I believe I will spend an eternity in Heaven after I die. Therefore it makes sense for me to tell you because how much must I hate you to not try and get you to accept a free gift of eternal life?

@lookitup see there's the problem. If I just leave you alone, I believe you won't live. I believe that you will die and...

It makes no sense, actually. Not everyone thinks that. It's rude and annoying when people shove their beliefs down other people's throats. Trust me, by a certain age people know both sides of the story and you aren't saying anything that they haven't already heard and possibly rejected. Christianity isn't a secret, I promise you. :)

@Cuban_B It makes no sense, actually. Not everyone thinks that. It's rude and annoying when people shove their beliefs down...

I didn't say I was going to shove my beliefs down your throat. I am goinmg to inform you as to what they are and why I believe that they are correct.

@lookitup I didn't say I was going to shove my beliefs down your throat. I am goinmg to inform you as to what they are and...

Lol but that's what I meant when I said Christianity isn't a secret. Everybody already knows. After acknowledging that you have to admit, it is a bit shove-y. :)

Separation of church and state does not take away your freedom of religion or freedom of speech at all. You can still pray in schools, you just can't enforce bible study or time devoted to praying in public schools. If you want to pray, you can pray before you eat or before and after class, etc, you just can't force anyone else to do it or have class time devoted to praying. It does not violate freedom of religion or speech.

Or at least, be prepared to see things that make you uncomfortable/offended.

Don't like it, don't stay on it (the website). Regardless of religion, race, language, etc..

....excuse me while I feed the troll...why NOT? if I'm not on a site that doesn't compromise my religion why should I not be on the Internet?

@excuse me while I feed the troll...why NOT? if I'm not on a site that doesn't compromise my religion why should...

theyre not a troll. its basicley saying easily offended people who have this weird thing called "morals" shouldnt be here. its for themselves, really, not the rest of us.

@theyre not a troll. its basicley saying easily offended people who have this weird thing called "morals" shouldnt...

(Your+name+(optional)): those "weird things called morals" are in everyone. Every single person born/created since the dawn of time. (give or take about 100 if that much) and I have very strong moral beliefs but I'm not very easily offended. Well, I don't think I am.

And you wonder why religious people get easily offended.
Now you're trying to ban us all from the internet? My goodness.

If someone is easily offended, and they stay off the internet, I really can't whine about them being easily offended; as long as they aren't making it my problem, it doesn't matter. But if you're that easily offended and stay on and go on and on about how offensive everything is, maybe you should reevaluate whether it's your religion causing you to be easily offended, or the fact that you're just an easily offended person, and a bit of an attention whore.

Because really, being easily offended never got us "religious" people anywhere.

I understand how you feel, friend.

They can be on the internet, they just won't be happy with what they see all the time.

I liked how my homepaged posts was half the amount I made, now that's ruined. Anyway, what I'm saying is REALLY religious people. Crazy jack shit bible thumper religious, because places like 4chan exist.

I don't like my old posts, and that said, this post could of been explained better.

Yes! Religious people shouldn't use the Internet because all religious people are fundamentalists who believe that technology is evil and bad. Not one of those darn Christians/Jews/Muslims/Buddhists/Hindus can take a joke! And watch out if you ever wrongfully stereotype or condemn them for their beliefs! They get angry, like matters of faith are personal or something! But yeah! Let's keep all non-atheists/agnostics of the internet because they're only the majority of the world. And if they ever come back on here to learn, socialize, or joke with people... we should all push them down a well. YAY!!!!

I have a very religious friend (she has several priest in her family ). She's really normal. It isn't like she carries a bible around school, and she doesn't try to get me to convert. The most she's done is invite me to events at her church. I wish the crazy ones didn't stick out so much.

If you don't know how to capitalize "Internet" you shouldn't be on the Internet

@duckshirt If you don't know how to capitalize "Internet" you shouldn't be on the Internet

First off, that's stupid. Secondly, even if there was a word such as a company name or book title that wasn't capitalized, that's no reason to not be on the internet.

@Lostman First off, that's stupid. Secondly, even if there was a word such as a company name or book title that wasn't...

It was a sarcastic response because the original post was equally stupid, and yes, "Internet" is a proper noun when referring to the World Wide Web, as there's only one. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Internet#Proper_noun