+5

A lot of married people are unhappy and lonely. When I meet with the women at the Country Club, I realize more and more that they are so lonely. They are lonely up there in those big houses. There has been such a breakdown in communication. The next time you go out to eat, look at how couples are on their phones. Couples have become more stimulated by technology than each other. Even the kids are on their phones. It seems that people get more pleasure out of getting "50 Likes on Facebook" than to be in tune with the needs of their companion. Amirite?

Mogals avatar Jokes & Humour
7 16
The voters have decided that Mogal is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

A lot of people seem really unhappy and lonely - married or not

isolation is a choice

We all have our unhappy days, but I'm happier more than unhappy. And I think it's so rude when people are out with others and they can't stay off their phones....

@StarzAbove We all have our unhappy days, but I'm happier more than unhappy. And I think it's so rude when people are out...

I agree with you, Starz. I am happier more than unhappy also.
However, I do hate to go out for dinner with another couple expecting a little conversation and they spend most of the evening on their phones, that can get on my last nerve. LOL

Mogals avatar Mogal Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Mogal I agree with you, Starz. I am happier more than unhappy also. However, I do hate to go out for dinner with...

I've seen mothers having lunch with their kids, and the mother spends all her time on the phone, ignoring her kids. I cringe when I see that.

The technology thing is the problem - not marriage.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yeah You Are +4Reply

I agree and wish phones would just go away. People are so very addicted to them it is insane.

Oh it is a choice they make.

We have a fast and hard rule in my house. Phones down real conversation.