+10

People are tweeting and posting, "Accidentally said Happy Mother's Day to my mom in person instead of a paragraph on social media." What a snarky fucking thing to say. Yeah, I get it, people should tell their mom's in person but not everybody can. Some people are thousands of miles away from mom. Some people no longer have their mom. Maybe the best way they can honor their mom is a paragraph on social media. God for-fucking-bid someone writes a paragraph, amirite?

StickCavemans avatar People & Celebrities
4 14
The voters have decided that StickCaveman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And just to clarify, I called my mother and wrote a mushy paragraph on Facebook. These people can screw off.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +4Reply

People should honor their Mothers the best way they can. I wouldn't want an email from my kids, I prefer talking to them on the phone or in person. And I was lucky enough this year to have both sons visit with me here at home.

Although I'm not opposed to others doing this...my mom would kill me if I did...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +3Reply

Facebook = Evil

Oh I would have given the world just to have had my mama around yesterday to wish her Happy Mother's Day in person. Instead, I had to make a trip to the cemetery to deliver her flowers & card.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are +1Reply

I like when people say "everyday should be Mother's Day. Show it everyday"

But then again, I can see where some of it comes from. Like kids posting about Mother's Day on Facebook but do nothing while their mom cleans their room

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fuzala I like when people say "everyday should be Mother's Day. Show it everyday" But then again, I can see where some...

I understand that and there's no doubt some people don't even make an effort to see or talk to their mom that day, but the post is very presumptuous. Just let people do their things. Let each individual mother determine whether her child made her feel significant.

A good majority of Mother's Day posts on my feed even had people posing in a picture taken with their mother on that day. Most people just want to relay to the world about their love for mom.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply

There are many other ways to tell your mother happy mother's day without blasting it on Facebook for others to see. If I was far from my mother I would probably write her a letter and send flowers. I would also call her. I think writing it on social media is so impersonal. But that's just me, I don't think it's something to get hot headed about.

@cali93 There are many other ways to tell your mother happy mother's day without blasting it on Facebook for others to see...

I ordered sent her a gift in the mail and called her on Mother's Day in addition to the post...

I just think it's insulting to imply that everyone on Facebook who chose to write a post in honor of Mother's Day was just being lazy. Especially for those whose mothers have passed. They might as well have added in their snarky little note, "why didn't you just take some flowers to your mothers grave?"

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous