+271

If there's really anyone that doesn't believe in other life forms besides ourselves in the entire cosmos, you must be retarded. amirite?

Lostmans avatar
7 57
The voters have decided that Lostman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

penis.

The Universe is way to big (and still expanding) to have life on one planet

Meg_Griffins avatar Meg_Griffin Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Meg_Griffin The Universe is way to big (and still expanding) to have life on one planet

...shut up, meg.
Ahh jk I agree with you, we can't be the ONLY life in this giant space... Thing.

of course there's other life forms then us. their called other animals

Actually, it's not "retarded" to think that we are the only form of life in the cosmos. It's known as an opinion in the real world, just as yours that there is life on other planets is.

@PurpleKneeSox Actually, it's not "retarded" to think that we are the only form of life in the cosmos. It's known as an opinion in...

It is an opinion but cmon' that's kind of arrogant/ignorant to believe that this is the only planet that houses life in the entire universe.
That video show images of thousands of GALAXIES (each containing billions of stars) taken by the hubble telescope. Each star may have planets and each planet can possibly hold life. That is sheer probability. Some people that think we are the only ones probly cant handle the greater truth, and thats ok-it makes them comfortable.

@It is an opinion but cmon' that's kind of arrogant/ignorant to believe that this is the only planet that houses...

The probability of there being other life forms in our universe or other universes is just as probably as there NOT being other life forms. It's 50/50; nothing has ever been proven in either direction. So, you can stop acting like I'm ignorant for believing one way while you believe the other.

...But it is. Humans couldn't possibly be the only life, 'cause there's plants and animals and stuff.

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are -1Reply

The universe is so vast that it's hard to believe that we're the only life form out there.

I suppose this could go up in the big debate, but there's no specific post it fits with best. What if all of us were wrong and God were really just a scientist, holding us in a drop of water? Or what if we live in something that's the size of another dimension's atom? Our universe is unfathomable to us, but maybe in another dimension (or something along those lines) we're difficult to see even with a microscope.

@TheMaineDestinee Our universe DOES look like our version of an atom...

I was just saying it could be their equivalent of our atom, size-wise.

@I was just saying it could be their equivalent of our atom, size-wise.

Yeah, that makes sense. ...I WANNA SEE BIG BEINGS!!

@TheMaineDestinee Yeah, that makes sense. ...I WANNA SEE BIG BEINGS!!

hahaha, I know, right? I've always wondered what it would be like if we really were in a little drop of water in a scientist's lab or something and we could look up and see them staring intently at us...

life is not an accident of nature, therefore even in the perfect conditions it must get to that planet from elsewhere.

@Pedo_Cat life is not an accident of nature, therefore even in the perfect conditions it must get to that planet from elsewhere.

If it must get to that planet from elsewhere, then where did it come from in the first place?

@If it must get to that planet from elsewhere, then where did it come from in the first place?

The creator. But without getting into a religious debate, even if the perfect circumstances were present, how would life form??

@Yeah, sure. Then what created the creator?

Know one knows. But we do know that life was not an accident.

@And how do we know that?

cause science cannot re-create life from non-life. It just doesn't work.

@Pedo_Cat cause science cannot re-create life from non-life. It just doesn't work.

Actually, that has been done. Self replicating genetic material has been allowed to form several times. Keep up with the science please.

lanas avatar lana Yeah You Are +2Reply
@693486

Okay just because scientists can't recreate something, doesn't mean its not possible.

@693486

oh my gosh this experiment doesn't prove anything. they later tried it with the conditions closer to what they actually would have been like and it didn't work. plus, its great that they made amino acid. wheres the life? amino acid is not life and is not a life form. that didn't prove anything.

But it makes more sense that some being in the clouds one day decided it would be fun to make life?

@Pedo_Cat What makes sense?? Shit just happening?

More than some ethereal being farting out humankind.

@More than some ethereal being farting out humankind.

Well, if you take the possibility of intelligent design out of it, nothing makes sense. It's easier to believe that there is a higher level of existence of us than it is to believe that everything happened by accident.

@Pedo_Cat Well, if you take the possibility of intelligent design out of it, nothing makes sense. It's easier to believe that...

So who are you to say that this omniscient creator didnt create life on other planets-which is what the post is about 'aliens'. I am not christian but I do believe in a higher being, but I believe that there is life somewhere in the universe. There is science that supports intelligent creation, and if there truly is an omniscient creator (because not denying the possibility there may not be one) then there is probly some complex formula to it that is just so far beyond us. The universe is so huge, we are nothing in it.

Easier for you, maybe. Some of us prefer finding logic instead of just giving up and deciding it was the evidence-free explanation.

@Easier for you, maybe. Some of us prefer finding logic instead of just giving up and deciding it was the...

I think were at an agreement that nothing makes sense...however, I still stand by what i said, "science cannot recreate life."

@Yet some magical invisible deity that nobody has ever seen can?

So answer me this: how was life created then according to science?

@Pedo_Cat So answer me this: how was life created then according to science?

Is this supposed to be the part where I admit that your god exists or something?

@Is this supposed to be the part where I admit that your god exists or something?

No, im not trying to shove religion down your throat, just asking you, if you don't believe in a God, then where do you believe life came from?

@Pedo_Cat No, im not trying to shove religion down your throat, just asking you, if you don't believe in a God, then where do...

Why do I have to have a theory on it? Just because I don't agree with your theory doesn't mean I have a theory to replace it.

@Why do I have to have a theory on it? Just because I don't agree with your theory doesn't mean I have a theory to...

well, i figured you'd have at least thought about other alternatives if you don't believe in intelligent design...

Do you enjoy making mean comments about God like 'farting humankind' and 'invisible man in the clouds' when the other person is trying to have a decent and logic arguments with you?Cause those remarks make you look stupid.

@Pedo_Cat I think were at an agreement that nothing makes sense...however, I still stand by what i said, "science cannot...

Our current science is unable, but there is nothing that says it cannot be done eventually.

I'm talking about Aliens.

You know what's retarded? The OP being so confident about this "other forms of life". The thing is, WE JUST DON'T KNOW. Idiots.

In this solar system there was life found, on Mars.
With all of the different solar systems and galaxies in our universe, there's obvioulsy going to be another form of life.

It's not retarded..

This quote technically says that if anyone believes that we are the only life given planet, then I am retarded. Hopefully you meant the person who thinks only we have existing life is retarded. Cuz im not retarded.

Why the fuck is everyone anonymous? And Im not replying to anyone that says "OFCOURSE WERE NOT THE ONLY ONES, THERES ANIMALS TOO." or people claiming theyre not retarded. Im calling you stupid regardless of what you think is right, so stop commenting.

Well they found traces of water on mars, and all water has bacteria in it, so obviously there's other "life forms" besides ours in the universe.