+4

Undercover cops are a terrible idea, amirite?

they don't protect or serve anything. they just catch people AFTER the crime is done to punish someone rather than actually preventing crimes and keeping people safer. their existence is borderline entrapment. If something meant to protect people has to hide from people, it's probably against people. Imagine having an undercover boss who didn't supervise or guide you, just hid and waited til you made a mistake to fire you.

YYA/NW

Skr3wBalls avatar Law
4 22

So normal cops catch people before they commit a crime?

@AliceD So normal cops catch people before they commit a crime?

They would be more likely to prevent a crime from happening. Great example is traffic cops, people are less inclined to speed or drive recklessly in the view of a cop. An undercover cop can't enstill that same effect.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Skr3wBall They would be more likely to prevent a crime from happening. Great example is traffic cops, people are less...

Well I suppose that if a uniformed police officer can walk about in the underworld and watch cartels do drug deals and stuff then your theory would be correct.

@AliceD Well I suppose that if a uniformed police officer can walk about in the underworld and watch cartels do drug deals...

If only there were more police then there would be less murders, Amirite? Perhaps every household should have one hmmm?

@AliceD If only there were more police then there would be less murders, Amirite? Perhaps every household should have one hmmm?

Didn't say anything like that. Not even comparable, honestly. But fine, since you're so adamant about undercover cops, what is so crucial about undercover cops? Why do we need them at all? What do undercover cops do that other police couldn't possibly do, other than a form of entrapment?

@Skr3wBall Didn't say anything like that. Not even comparable, honestly. But fine, since you're so adamant about undercover...

Right now, across the country, drug dealers, money counterfeiters, immigrant smugglers and hit men are talking to people who they believe are fellow criminals - but they're actually police. A uniformed officer would not be as effective in this job.

I really don't have the inclination to argue something that is as obvious as this. No offence Sk.

@AliceD I really don't have the inclination to argue something that is as obvious as this. No offence Sk.

You were snarky out the gate so idk why you're saying no offense now.

Also maybe this is an American thing, you probably have better police in NZ.

I am always worried that I might find one in my bed.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls Yeah You Are +2Reply

Sounds like my boss hehe smilie

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are +1Reply

Nope, they're a good but dirty trick to really shake up crime

@2622470

okay first off, if you're truly making that reference, that's not what trayvon bought.
second, yes and I shouldn't have to.
third, george zimmerman was not a cop.
fourth, that's not one of the problems with undercover cops, that's an issue of gun control and authoritarian ideologies stemming from a person with power over any people(s).

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are -1Reply
@2622480

What's the sprite one? Regardless, the Trayvon Martin one is not applicable, wasn't an undercover cop situation or a cop situation at all. George Zimmerman literally defied the cops, a very big element in the story.

@2622536

I still want to know the sprite reference... Also you never explained your point to begin with.

Because Zimmerman called the cops for help. He wanted to get the cops involved then acted like he was a cop. That's not only hubristic, but straight up stupid. what he did was bad and crass no matter what, but if he hadn't called the cops he wouldn't have demands, and since he did call the cops he clearly wanted demands.

@2622554

I never asked you a question, I just want clarification on the "instances" you're "combining". You could've admitted you forgot what beverage Trayvon bought, it was an Arizona drink. If there was a Sprite incident, I want to know about it, idk why you are withholding that info.

Anyway, I absolutely do NOT think cops should be the only ones with guns and I can't recall ever claiming that. Honestly my stance on guns is pretty undecided, I think my current stance is that guns should be allowed, but regulated much more closely. Also I don't hate cops, that was too general, I hate American cops. Cops as a concept are pretty sound, American cops aren't as sound.

also don't call me a leftist, you don't know very many of my political beliefs because I don't often talk about political subjects.

@2622563

alliteration, but yeah I see why you chose them.

Anonymous