+11

Convenience should never be a factor in your morality, amirite?

Trishs avatar Jobs & Employment
4 3
The voters have decided that Trish is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Give me a situation and I'll show you morality....

@Sukiesnow Give me a situation and I'll show you morality....

Well I mostly meant it in a general way. I'm many cases, the right thing isn't the easy thing. Convenience and tradition can be toxic. One example would be hitting children as "discipline". It's easy, takes almost no time or effort, but it's not right based on years of research.

Trishs avatar Trish Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Trish Well I mostly meant it in a general way. I'm many cases, the right thing isn't the easy thing. Convenience and...

Thanks for the example. I would never hit a child...but I'm saying that as not being a parent. If I was a parent...there are many times I would probably like to have strangled them....

Glancing in the past...which is all most people can do...I have said yes...on at least one occasion when I should have said no. If everyone laughs at your boss's dirty joke...it's just easier to go along and laugh, too...especially when, at that time...I didn't see anything wrong with them.