+223

Some women don't know what "Feminists" means and think it is a way to use hatred towards men. To be a Feminist is to be aware of current issues women experience and go forward to make a change. Because it is time to relieve the oppression women experience in this world. We are all human and we all deserve respect. Amirite?

Assuas avatar
7 16
The voters have decided that Assua is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Thank you! Finally someone understands! I can't stand anti-feminists!

The principle o feminism is just that - but people (a lot of which are self-proclaimed feminists) take it to a whole new level, trying to make women the dominant role in society because they feel "oppressed by men".

AnnDeevas avatar AnnDeeva Yeah You Are +3Reply

this is very true. a lot of times, self-proclaimed feminists go the wrong way about trying to earn respect for women, but the basic feminist ideals are very true and very important.

Exactly. Feminism (despite its name) is not about female "dominance". Rather, it is about equality. Simple as that.

acciocaitlins avatar acciocaitlin Yeah You Are +1Reply

I can't stand feminists because feminism is no longer about equality. I do, however, agree that we all deserve respect and equality as human beings.

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@sestrada16 I can't stand feminists because feminism is no longer about equality. I do, however, agree that we all deserve...

When was feminism not about equality? I think the problem is that all the feminists who spend their lives trying to increase education and rights for women go unnoticed but whenever somebody crazy throws an I-hate-men the media has a field day.

@fEMMAnist When was feminism not about equality? I think the problem is that all the feminists who spend their lives trying to...

I think that's exactly why its no longer about equality. As a person, I believe that if everyone where to simmer down and talk about equality peacefully we would go somewhere. As of now, feminism is widely viewed as a hate movement towards men. If we get rid of that and only speak of equal hiring opportunity and pay as a start ,we would go somewhere

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are -6Reply
@sestrada16 I think that's exactly why its no longer about equality. As a person, I believe that if everyone where to simmer...

I can see that your not very involved in feminism and you haven't read many recent feminist books or met with current feminists activists. I you had, you would realize that it is not about hating men at all and it never was.

@fEMMAnist I can see that your not very involved in feminism and you haven't read many recent feminist books or met with...

I never said it was. I said the view of the massesis of women that are dipshit crazy. So long as the attention is on them and not the sophisticated people who are making a valiant effort feminism will not not be about equality because, ultimately, it's what the masses think that matters.

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Shut up bitch, you aren't allowed to speak.

The women that think being a feminist and being "free" from men is sleeping with all of them are hilarious

Women aren't oppressed anymore

@LAKERSoverHEAT Women aren't oppressed anymore

If I can't earn the same amount as men simply because of my gender I am oppressed. If I am not allowed to get a job because of my gender I am oppressed. If I am subject to criticism for being sexual or not being sexual enough I am oppressed. If anyone, anyone, is blamed for their own rape or sexual assault they are oppressed. Don't tell me women are not oppressed.

Anonymous