+22

“People these days are such snowflakes. Back in the day, we didn’t get butthurt easily” Excuse you. You got offended and went into outrage when another race drank at the same fountain as you. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Music
7 39
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, that was before my time. People really are a bunch of sniveling crybabies comparatively. Racism barely exists anymore and it's dying off with the elderly.

@JerryHendrickson No, that was before my time. People really are a bunch of sniveling crybabies comparatively. Racism barely exists...

Point is that “back in the day” people did have worse issues with being offended fountain being one example

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply
@fuzala Point is that “back in the day” people did have worse issues with being offended fountain being one example

Yeah, they did but the people who lived in that time are all at least 70 years old. I understand your point. The truth is, there is almost nothing we can say without offending someone. Our skin is too thin. So, when people talk about "snowflakes" I have a hard time disagreeing.

It doesn’t always die with the elderly

Some of these old timers pass it on to their kids and so on and so forth

There are few places that have segregated proms.

The percieved offenses havent even changed that much.
Progress....

Carlas avatar Carla Yeah You Are +1Reply

Seems like some are offended by this post. Hypocrisy much?

And it’s our generation that is butthurt? Doesn’t look like it think smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fuzala Seems like some are offended by this post. Hypocrisy much? And it’s our generation that is butthurt? Doesn’t...

If you freely let everyone use a public fountain then you won’t be offended because the post doesn’t apply to you, amirite?

Also there are still KKK members and neo-Nazis so it’s false to say it stopped 65 years ago

And I didn’t associate you with them. I specifically said those who got offended by fountain use by different races. Image in content

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

I have found that most people that complain about people being snowflakes, will enter drama-queen mode the moment you do or say something they don't like. The hypocrisy is so clear that is just baffling.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +1Reply

People are too thin skinned....so every little thing bothers them. And heaven help us all if we disagree with someone, their world is shattered and then the attacks begin. lol

@2731481

If you never done it, then it doesn't apply to you. Simple as that.

No where did I associate YOU with them.

Mr. Z is white as the driven snow. Did he comment on here saying "don't associate me with them"? NO because he knows it doesn't apply to him

The person who inspired this post was a white woman on facebook who is my age

And yes, I can see why you find concern in these things. A lot of things are going on. I'm hoping things get better eventually, and I think they will. Each society goes through ups and downs over and over. We're in the down times now working to go up to a better place

@2731486

Did you just imply that you eat booty? hehe smilie

I tend to think that there are equal numbers of people getting butthurt today as in the golden years, it is just they feel entitled to let everyone know about it these days.

@fuzala Freedom of speech YOLO

I have always found freedom of speech an interesting term, especially in todays environment when we are always being told "You can't say that".

@AliceD I have always found freedom of speech an interesting term, especially in todays environment when we are always...

You have the freedom to say horrible things to people

But they'll still be consequences for it

Like being told you can't say that hehe smilie

People do get way too butthurt these days imo. Its just a law of nature. Strong people create good times, good times create weak people, weak people create bad times, bad times create strong people.

I think those snowflakes are abundant in every single decade.

Why do you assume that everyone is racist? People do get butthurt, the problem is that they get butthurt over ridiculous things, I don't think people should walk on eggshells and suppress themselves because someone somewhere takes offense in someone else's name. And that doesn't mean that you are a racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever other term there is to describe a bad person just because you don't conform to the latest progressive outlook.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Why do you assume that everyone is racist? People do get butthurt, the problem is that they get butthurt over...

You’re the one assuming that, not me. I just said that these old people and their followers think this generation is easily offended when they’re the ones who were foolish enough to be offended by who drinks from a public fountain.

You’re really reaching here

@fuzala You’re the one assuming that, not me. I just said that these old people and their followers think this generation...

Well, I'm assuming that because of "Excuse you. You got offended and went into outrage when another race drank at the same fountain as you"

Am I wrong?

@fuzala What’s that got to do with “everyone is racist”? You’re the one assuming

But Fuzala, saying that people went crazy over another race drinking from their water fountain (I assume you're talking about treatment of blacks decades ago) assumes that the people here are racist, why otherwise would you say that?

@Sunny_the_skeptic But Fuzala, saying that people went crazy over another race drinking from their water fountain (I assume you're...

No I didn’t assume that. You’re the only one here doing that

It refers to the people in that generation who truly were offended acting as if my generation is the butthurt one

No where did I say whatever you’re trying to say

Read the other comments because it doesn’t seem like you get what is said

It’s the hyproisy of calling my generation snowflakes when they’re the ones who got offended over drinking fountains

And AGAIN it’s not calling everyone racist. The main point was toward generational differences

And those fountain people were racists. NOT EVERYONE

@fuzala No I didn’t assume that. You’re the only one here doing that It refers to the people in that generation who...

I think you and I are the same generation, the term snowflakes as far as I'm concerned is reserved for the overly delicate people regardless of age who take things way too far for very little provocation.

I know I'm an old fart, [67], among the group you have assumed is racist, at least over water fountains. I never was by the way - in fact I've avoided water fountains like the plague ever since I saw some kid cough onto a fountain as he leaned over for a drink and got ick all over it.

I won't say the fountain thing wasn't real - it was. Just saying - it ain't me.

Calling out the Trump administration as racist for wanting to ask whether the person is a citizen or not - to me deserves the title snowflakey. [Just an example]

@2731425

Religion is not always a choice, in a liberated free thinking world sure, but what about the strict religious communities? You would get ostracized from your loved ones and neighbors instantly for doing a thing like that.

@2731425

This post isn’t a religious one

I’ve already cleared up my beliefs so many times yet you want to bring it up

Talk about irrelevant