+25

Brutal honesty often gets mistaken for the truth. Just because someone is honest does not mean they are right. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Language
11 15
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

While honesty is a good policy it's not suitable to be brutally honest at all times, moreover there are people who mistake honesty with a free pass to be an ass.

@Sunny_the_skeptic While honesty is a good policy it's not suitable to be brutally honest at all times, moreover there are people who...

Sunny, your comment above: there are people who mistake honesty with a free pass to be an ass. I agree 100%.

For what I see honesty is mainly about opinions.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +5Reply

I know what you mean...it is not looking at the whole situation...

There a many grains of truth, each grain has some truth which adds up to a total...the whole has many facets...

And there are personal truths which are just a slice of honesty regarding the entire matter...good post...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Sukiesnow I know what you mean...it is not looking at the whole situation... There a many grains of truth, each grain has...

It reminds me of an argument I had with a friend: in the heat of the moment I said something like, Well I have to put up with you always talking about such and such... So then, I had to explain later that sure...possibly a part of me feels that way...but there are other parts that don't mind...and understand...

Why aren't there more comments on this post? I see all the agrees and faves...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply

Just because a person is verbally aggressive doesn’t mean they’re stating an empirical fact. They could be outright lying.

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +4Reply

That's true. A person could honestly believe in something that is actually false, or is just an opinion that's not necessarily true for other people.

primeiros avatar primeiro Yeah You Are +4Reply

We all say things, honest things to people, but some thin skinned people take the words out of context, for an excuse to act like an ass.

Sure. But being hurt or offended doesn't mean one's right by default either.

There are right and wrong ways to speak to a person, whether they are speaking truths or falsehoods matters little if the person they are speaking to shuts down because of the brutality of how one is speaking.

Vrendowls avatar Vrendowl Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2745353

Well you’ve always been ill informed about anything related to me

Your truth is blurry because you cover your ears, close your eyes, and blab whenever I say anything. Proof is that Every time I post something, you will talk about unrelated topics focused on throwing jabs and lies at my religious identity.

you’re a bigot. I know that much. That’s the last truth you’ve heard from me

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply