+16

It doesn't make any sense for security questions on websites to be things like "your favorite color" or "your best friend's name" because those aren't stagnant answers and could change at anytime, amirite?

Security questions such as "in what city were you born" and "your first pet's name" are much better because they will never change, therefore it's much easier to remember should you ever need to reset your password using security questions.

shelbybuckffss avatar Technology
5 13
The voters have decided that shelbybuckffs is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Seriously I just got locked out of the national student loans login because I couldn't remember my questions...

TASTs avatar TAST Yeah You Are +3Reply
@dru18 I have had that happen. A twenty-four hour wait.

Different nation i'm assuming, I gotta call them.

TASTs avatar TAST Yeah You Are +2Reply
@TAST Different nation i'm assuming, I gotta call them.

Um., I am thinking we are both from the states??

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dru18 Um., I am thinking we are both from the states??

I'm Canadian :). I just like talking US politics

TASTs avatar TAST Yeah You Are +1Reply

As long as you remember the answers it doesn't matter. I try to stay consistent no matter how my thoughts might have changed.

Best option, custom questions, things only you would know, something that someone wouldn't figure out. What's your favorite Naruto battle or something

That's why I just use .... Password123.

Easy to remember.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's safer just to answer the questions "What was your mother's maiden name, or What city were you born in"?

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are -1Reply

Or it’s just plain awkward:
“What’s your best friend’s name?”
“Uh.... I don’t have a best friend...”

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are -4Reply