+34

Is sarcasm causing people to hear what they want to, especially in text. amirite?

unknownconditions avatar Education
3 25
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People can misinterpret anything in text.Sarcasm or not.I was accused of having ulterior motives with my questions on another site yesterday.. weird!

It can be hard to be sarcastic in text unless people know your true feelings about the issue. Usually people will take it the way they want to.

@Will_Janitor It can be hard to be sarcastic in text unless people know your true feelings about the issue. Usually people will...

So good reason not to use sarcasim in texting or typing, people need to hear and see sarcasim, not see it written.

Hm... I use sarcasm some times and I've seen people playing dumb and taking my words literally just to insult me. So, I guess, yes.

@Sofia Hm... I use sarcasm some times and I've seen people playing dumb and taking my words literally just to insult me...

Sarcasim works face to face not in type. I fear people will foreget how to communicate already it is impossible to understand people from california, because half won't use english and those who do cut and shorten words into uninteligible garble.

just another reason NOT to text. It deforms language and rots your brain.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred just another reason NOT to text. It deforms language and rots your brain.

maybe why I'm confused all the time , I really believe English is the language of deception.

@unknowncondition maybe why I'm confused all the time , I really believe English is the language of deception.

I wonder why you think that, want to elaborate? if not try reading more it helps to understand when you read all things and make sure you understand it all by checking the meanings of unknown words.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I wonder why you think that, want to elaborate? if not try reading more it helps to understand when you read...

once I was taught that live and live are spelled the same but mean different things I became suspicious of an inferior language. (or at least laziness) or a,e,i,o,u but "sometimes" y, . also I don't like the term phonetics , why would a word be spelled in a way that the sound of the letters together don't form the desired word. phone =fon.

@unknowncondition once I was taught that live and live are spelled the same but mean different things I became suspicious of an...

live or alive helps to make it right English is a combination of so many languages - German, latin, french. Each was the language of the time. So english is a big mixture. To bring it all together. What language would you rather use?

@unknowncondition or maybe I like phonetics English just doesn't agree

my keyboard can't express pronunciation which is weird

@unknowncondition I'm sorry 'iNG(g)liSH

it is ENGLISH see the word see how it is spelled words I have trouble with I write and look at it. if you use it aa inglish you must be a mex no hope for you

@2832337

i'm having trouble replying without sarcasm and this is sincere

No. I think it's more a problem of political correctness pushing people to initiate kind of stupid questions and positions which stimulates sarcasm and cynicism.