-22

Libertarianism is just conservatism without religion, amirite?

Zadinyaas avatar Politics
0 15
The voters have decided that Zadinyaa is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, I do not think any political leaning, or party can be defined quite that simplistically.

its what america was supposed to be, minimal government and freedom belonged to the people,

Always makes me think of Librarians or something. Canadians don't use that word.

Ahh, no.

@2838326

promotes civil liberties, ... The party generally promotes a classical liberal platform, in contrast to the .... A modern version of the Libertarian porcupine, styled after the original by Kevin Breen .... The Statement of Principles was written by John Hospers. I looked it up - before this I never really knew what libertarians were aboutdiamond smilie

I think these two ideas are not related to each other at all.

Libertarians are people who expect to drive on roads, VA benefits, and other services but don't want to pay taxes which support them

JJs avatar JJ No Way 0Reply
@JJ Libertarians are people who expect to drive on roads, VA benefits, and other services but don't want to pay taxes...

wrong, did you know before taxes roads where still paid for? businesses need business and employees they will pay for roads and maintain them, government screws everythign they touch up

@deusvult wrong, did you know before taxes roads where still paid for? businesses need business and employees they will pay...

Wrong
The government is for the people,by the people. Whatever happens is because Voters allow it to happen. Trump for example. "businesses need business and employees they will pay for roads and maintain them" What exactly does that mean? What about roads where there are no businesses? That's a ludicrous statement given that the rhe Gov has done a might fine job creating the Road & Highway systems

JJs avatar JJ No Way 0Reply
@JJ Wrong The government is for the people,by the people. Whatever happens is because Voters allow it to happen. Trump...

But the government still screws up everything they touch and waste vast amounts of tax payer money in the process so they or their buddies can line their pockets with more money.

I’m with Piper on this one.

Mashas avatar Masha No Way 0Reply

That's completely different.