+1,129

Virginity is more of an accomplishment than a failure. It's not hard to lose it; there's always some promiscuous or drunk person who'll have sex with you. It's so much harder to contain your hormones and emotions and maintain your integrity, especially if you're with someone you really like, amirite?

Rockys avatar
55 178
The voters have decided that Rocky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How the hell is being a virgin an accomplishment? Sex isn't a great feat of heroism, it's just a personal choice. I totally respect other people's choices and I think abstaining from sex is a very responsible thing to do for many people, especially young people. But most people have sex because they choose to have sex, not because they are to weak to refuse. Not having sex does not make you a better person and it's a really stupid thing to be proud of.

@fEMMAnist How the hell is being a virgin an accomplishment? Sex isn't a great feat of heroism, it's just a personal choice. I...

@TailsTurrosaki you just sound like an asshole. "You are not special. You are not significant." Actually, when there are very few people who are able to hold out for the person they love, it is special AND significant. You know the saying "if it were easy, everyone would do it."? Perfect example. Giving in to having sex is easy, staying a virgin is not. Your comment was totally unnecessary, and it made me want to punch you in the face. You could have gotten your point across without sounding like a bastard.

Actually, it is being weak in a way. Lust is a really strong sensation and very difficult to resist. So if you DO resist it, especially in the face of opportunity, it is strength.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are -5Reply
@Rocky Actually, it is being weak in a way. Lust is a really strong sensation and very difficult to resist. So if you DO...

No. Having sex does not make you weak. Sexual attraction is not something that needs to be "resisted" anyway. If you want to have sex in a safe, healthy, fun way there is no reason not to go ahead and do it. Also, that kind of implies that everyone who has sex is weak and that's just wrong and sort of judgmental. Sex is a just personal choice, it's not a heroic deed or anything. That being said. Having safe healthy sex can sometimes be a scary, intimidating and of course, embarrassing, so I don't think it's shows weakness. No matter what you choose: abstinence or otherwise, it takes a great deal of responsibility, judgement, and courage to make responsible choices about sex.

@fEMMAnist No. Having sex does not make you weak. Sexual attraction is not something that needs to be "resisted" anyway. If...

He's saying resisting lust is strong. Not resisting all kinds of sex.

If you really love someone, having sex isn't a bad thing at all.
However, banging someone because they've got a big shlong or big breasts because your brain was going "BANGTHEMBANGTHEMBANGTHEM" is pretty weak to your own desires.

@He's saying resisting lust is strong. Not resisting all kinds of sex. If you really love someone, having sex isn't...

yeah, but i think fEMMAnist's point was that the post kind of generalized sex and made a judgement about every kind of sex, not just lust

Not doing something that makes you happy in the face of opportunity for the sole reason that you want to be able to say that you resisted it is stupid, not strong. There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to have sex, but it doesn't make you any stronger than those who do.

Okay so the next time you want to eat food don't because giving into the strong sensation of hunger is WEAK.

@spareseconds Okay so the next time you want to eat food don't because giving into the strong sensation of hunger is WEAK.

because I totally bang people for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and multiple snacks within the day.

And I'm pretty sure you can't compare the desire to eat a cracker with the desire to sleep with a human being that looks damn fine and is an easy catch.

@because I totally bang people for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and multiple snacks within the day. And I'm pretty...

Actually, I am. I completely am comparing the desire to eat a cracker to the desire to sleep with some one.

Why do we eat crackers? Because we're hungry. Because we have the desire to survive. Why do we have sex? Because we're hormonal. Because we have the desire to pass our genes on to the next generation and ensure the human race survives. They're both human instincts.

Care to explain why comparing the two is illogical?

@spareseconds Actually, I am. I completely am comparing the desire to eat a cracker to the desire to sleep with some one. Why...

Yes, but if you do not eat that cracker, you will end up starving and dying.
Last I checked, people do not die from lack of sex.

@Yes, but if you do not eat that cracker, you will end up starving and dying. Last I checked, people do not die from...

You are right. People do not die from lack of sex. Maybe we can even go as far and say that because people don't die from lack of sex, as they do from hunger, the instinct to eat a cracker is stronger than that to reproduce.

Still, I stand by what I said. They're both human instincts. Maybe the one to eat is stronger than the one to have sex, but if they're still both instincts, why is it logical to completely abstain until a government issued piece of paper for one and stuff yourself whenever for the other? Why is it such an immorality to simply give in to the same desire that gives you hunger?

@1711442

Okay first of all I'm just going to point out my choice is abstinence, too.

I disagree with slut-shaming, not abstinence. The whole basis of my argument is that people make their own choices, and it's pointless to judge someone for them.

Second, why in hell is it instinct to kill me right now? It's only instinct to kill someone if they threaten your life, not if they say some words on the internet. If you legitimately have a desire to kill me right now, I suggest you go get psychological attention.

Third, no, I would not be dead because my instinct would be to fight back. YOU would probably be dead because you think giving into instincts shows weakness.

@1711442

Gahh don't even bring in Freudians to this argument...First of all, I think you're recognizing the Oedipus/Electra complex, and second of all, you can't compare Freudianism, an almost completely discredited theory, with evolution, which has tons of evidence standing behind it.

@1711442

Using your logic, I am a failure.

My track record of gettin' laid would say otherwise.

The only mentality I see behind this reasoning is "Jesus loves me for being a virgin! I am special! I am strong for holding out!"

You are not special. You are not significant. If being a virgin is a big accomplishment to you, you have no worth. You are just as shallow as the whores you hate.

Why not try and do something actually useful and special? How about discover a cure for a disease? Or maybe get into archaeology and discover some things about ancient races and extinct species? Or even just getting a degree and getting a job to contribute to society?

Being a virgin contributes /nothing/ to society, to knowledge, to your friends, to anything. It is a personal moral and if you think it's hard to be a virgin, then you have just as much sexual frustration as a whore. I'd suggest masturbation, but I think your'e too much of a prude Christian to even consider the terrifying horrors of touching your penis.

Maybe if you didn't think of sex as this taboo, big topic, you wouldn't have this whole Special Snowflake Syndrome thing going on, which is pathetic. I bet you're one of those people that are all bothered by unmarried people fucking. That's doubly pathetic if you actually are.

@AdonisBatheus The only mentality I see behind this reasoning is "Jesus loves me for being a virgin! I am special! I am strong for...

Also, I’d say that being abstinent does contribute things to society. There isn’t a risk of unwanted pregnancy; there would be less teen mothers, and far less aborted babies, less children that need to be adopted. Besides, not having sex gives you more time to devote yourself to your studies so that you can contribute to society, especially if you don’t have a child to care for;) I really don’t understand how someone practicing abstinence means that they won’t bother achieving other things for society. I’d also like to add that I don’t like the idea of sex being a taboo subject. But what part of this post implied that it was? After all, we’re discussing it freely. That’s different from having it freely.

CherryBlossoms avatar CherryBlossom Yeah You Are +3Reply

The way I see abstinence, I equate it with responsibility. It's not about being special, and it's not about "hating whores." I'm sure that I may seem as though I look down on people that have sex outside of marriage through my comments and my votes, however that is totally not the case. I may disapprove of their decisions and I may find it irresponsible, but admittedly I am fairly relaxed about this sort of thing and do not get involved in people's lifestyles. However, I take offense to the nature of your comment. There is often a certain strength in realizing that abstaining is most often the more responsible choice and in this day and age when sex is constantly promoted in the media and sex outside of marriage is very common, a lot of people find that they are looked down upon for not partaking is sexual relations. After all, if a post encouraging sex was POTD, nobody would be thinking twice about it. Nobody would really be getting offended. However, a post that shows the other side of things? Huge controversy. I think that says something in itself.

CherryBlossoms avatar CherryBlossom Yeah You Are +2Reply

Sex is sex is sex is sex. Do it if you want. Don't do it if you don't want. You do it. Somebody will judge you. You don't do it. Somebody will judge you. Make your choice as if nobody is judging you, but yourself. I personally would rather have my first time with someone I really care about (of course that's not the only reason I'm a virgin, obviously). I respect if someone else wants to do it for the pure pleasure. Again, it's up to you. I make my choice because I hold sex in a romantic view, some don't share that view and that's okay.

I think it's a private choice for someone to make. I personally would want to be emotionally involved with a person I have sex with. But as long as someone is in a financially and situationally stable situation so they know that if something happened, than it's their say.

I don't understand how this post has such a positive score, when it's essentially saying someone who chooses not to have sex is stronger in that regard than someone who chooses to have sex. When is it ever okay to judge people by their personal, sexual lives? Virginity isn't an accomplishment. It's an abstract concept that some people choose to put value in.

@1713688

He didn't just say it wasn't a failure (which I wholeheartedly agree with), he said it was an accomplishment, which I disagree with.

Its not something to be embarrassed or proud of, if you are a christian, then i suppose you have gone against your beliefs. I think that sex can destroy teenage relationship if it isnt ready for it, and having sex with someone who you actually like is better than some drunk chick.

does sex really have to be based on love and intimacy?
it's fun, it feels good, and it is actually good for you
just gotta be responsible about it
i hate how people make a huge deal about "make sure your first time counts" and blah blah blah shut the fuck up let people make their own choices

@does sex really have to be based on love and intimacy? it's fun, it feels good, and it is actually good for...

Yes, sex is meant for love and intimacy. The world has screwed it up, like they've perverted everything else.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +25Reply
@Rocky Yes, sex is meant for love and intimacy. The world has screwed it up, like they've perverted everything else.

oh really?its actually meant for reproduction, and to encourage reproduction, it feels good. since reproduction can be prevented during sex, it can be done for fun, reproduction,because you love each other, or any mix of those.its not JUST love and intimacy.stop trying to change the world man just let people live their life instead of trying to be the next fucking ghandi or some shit.

@oh really?its actually meant for reproduction, and to encourage reproduction, it feels good. since reproduction can...

We're not just animals. Sure, everything physical we do has a bodily function, but we have a higher intelligence and unmistakable personalities that heightens everything we do. Eating fulfills our hunger, but we also eat because we love the taste of food. Sleeping restores our energy, but we also sleep because we like the feel of a soft, warm bed. Sex may result in reproduction, but if that was its sole (or even its main) purpose, we'd just have sex with anyone to create babies. As it is, sex is an extremely intimate thing, which is why it can easily destroy a relationship or damage a person emotionally if abused.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +48Reply
@Rocky We're not just animals. Sure, everything physical we do has a bodily function, but we have a higher intelligence...

We can eat simply because we like the taste of food. We can sleep because we like the feel of a bed. That also means we can have sex because we enjoy it. It doesn't necessarily have to include so many emotions. If someone made the conscious choice of eating simply because they like food, it's okay for someone to have sex simply because they like sex.

@spareseconds We can eat simply because we like the taste of food. We can sleep because we like the feel of a bed. That also...

I think if you were to actually go out and have sex for recreation you'd find that there's no way to get around the emotional aspect of sex

MissAlwaysRites avatar MissAlwaysRite Yeah You Are +5Reply
@MissAlwaysRite I think if you were to actually go out and have sex for recreation you'd find that there's no way to get around the...

I would probably never go do that. Even though my comments may not make me seem like it, I think I'm going to stay abstinent. However, I recognize that as MY choice. I would be upset if someone were to shoot me down for it, because they would have no reason to. This is exactly what's going on in this post. People are saying it's shameful and weak to not be a virgin if you're not married. I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

You're right. I would never go hook up with random people because I would get emotionally attached. That doesn't mean I can speak for other people. If someone has the capability to do that, and chooses to go hook up, who am I to condemn them for their personal choice? I don't view sex as some taboo subject that needs to be hushed. It's a personal desire and if you want to embrace it, that's perfectly okay with me. Honestly, we're in the 21st century now. It's time we realize sex is NOT the work of the devil.

@spareseconds I would probably never go do that. Even though my comments may not make me seem like it, I think I'm going to stay...

Well said, but it is going both ways on this post. People are bashing staying abstinent, too. I respect your opinion, I just have a different one

MissAlwaysRites avatar MissAlwaysRite Yeah You Are +4Reply

And also I think the score speaks for it all. I know most people are going against what I'm saying in the comment section but the majority are agreeing with this post, like me

MissAlwaysRites avatar MissAlwaysRite Yeah You Are +2Reply
@MissAlwaysRite And also I think the score speaks for it all. I know most people are going against what I'm saying in the comment...

It's not that I don't respect people who choose abstinence. I just dislike how this post is worded. My choice to be abstinent has nothing to do with an internal struggle with temptation. It has everything to do with my level of comfort. I don't want to connect with someone on that level if we have a chance of separating. It's not that I'm fighting an everyday battle with a sexual demon inside me.

If one day I decide that abstinence is not for me, it'll be alright. I'll view it as just another choice, not as a defeat.

I've done it a couple times... I like sex. I don't need to like the person emotionally, I just need to be sexually attracted. Some people can have sex with no emotions and some people can't.

Actually we are just animals. Don't get me wrong, I agree completely with this, however, we're mammals-making us animals.

:D

@Actually we are just animals. Don't get me wrong, I agree completely with this, however, we're mammals-making us...

We can lump ourselves into the Animal Kingdom because of similar functions and habits, but it does not make us animals. ;]

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +3Reply
@you missed my point completely

As to your other point (you made two), just because I'm stating opinions doesn't mean I'm trying to "change the world" or something.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +14Reply
@Rocky As to your other point (you made two), just because I'm stating opinions doesn't mean I'm trying to "change the...

i know i got carried away with the changing the world thing, im sorry
im just saying that if you do it just for fun with someone, and do it responsibly, no harm no foul, and no love involved.why should you have to love someone to have a good time with them?you can but do you really have to?

@i know i got carried away with the changing the world thing, im sorry im just saying that if you do it just for...

And I'm saying sex and love are as linked as the night and the stars. However, when we place sex above love, we get lust, which is the enemy of love. "Having a good time" may sound nice, but what you're really doing is saying you care more about that person's body than their personality, or about your future spouse, really. Lame analogy, but imagine this amazing cake made especially for you, waiting out there for you, you don't know where. But you keep tasting these other pies, thinking you're just whetting your sweet tooth, but really your dampening the amazingness of having your own special pie.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +24Reply
@Rocky And I'm saying sex and love are as linked as the night and the stars. However, when we place sex above love, we get...

Purely from the analogy, I would rather have lots of pies than one cake.

Just sayin'.

Chromanas avatar Chromana Yeah You Are +27Reply
@Chromana Purely from the analogy, I would rather have lots of pies than one cake. Just sayin'.

What I said is confusing, I meant to say lots of cakes, not pies.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +7Reply

how would eating other pies take away from how good my special cake is?how good it is isn't gonna change whether i eat only my cake, or the pies and the cake?sexual desires are always gonna be there, whether you're with someone or not, and masturbating all the time just doesn't cut it.sex does not have to be based soley around love.
now if you'll excuse me, i have school tomorrow and im tired so im going to bed

@1711437

science...birth control doesn't grow on a tree

@1711533

sex for humans is essentially for reproduction. Its a reproductive instinct. I mean, sure, people have sex for fun and for love and all that good stuff, but essentially what they're doing is trying to reproduce.

It's like a battle of the body and the mind--the body wants to reproduce, the mind just wants to have sex without any 18-year long strings attached. People's wants have changed without their bodies adapting to those wants, just like many other things with technology.

@1711533

though i do see what you're saying its just hard to understand

for you I only have one quote

"Can our mind evolve to be something other than an extension of our animal needs"
-Julian Casablancas

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +9Reply

i dont think i understand. how does the guy not choose?

AMEN TO BEING A VIRGIN!
:D

@AMEN TO BEING A VIRGIN! :D

I'm a virgin, but I don't feel like a virgin after seeing this: http://ctrlv.in/84044

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +46Reply

Being a virgin is easy. Being sexually active is easy. It's all about personal choice and values.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau No Way +13Reply
@1711444

If you really put yourself to it and really dedicate yourself to being a virgin till marriage, it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm on her side of the argument because sex is natural. It's really weird that we made something vital to the human race so taboo and shamed.

@1711444

Sex is an instinct, but you don't have to have sex to satisfy that instinct. Masturbating makes it pretty easy to stay a virgin.

What the actual fuck.
So purity should be praised, and having sex means you have no integrity?
I'm sorry, but this is really fucked up.
Abstinence, constant sex, sex with someone you love, none are better or more of an "accomplishment" than another. For fucks sake, it's not competition. It's personal choice.

rocky is a virgin

@rocky is a virgin

Yep. Even if I wasn't, my opinion wouldn't change.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +26Reply
@1711214

He sure has ;)

The only reason people are so chased is because of what society thinks about sex.
If anyone deserves praise then it's the people with the sense to decide what's right for them without needing society's approval.
Plus if you think that having sex is as easy as just going out and having sex then I would argue you are mistaken.

@1711524

Abstinence isn't necessarily frowned upon, but slut-shaming is. It's totally cool if you want to wait until you're married, but some of us chose not to and that is perfectly okay.

@1711524

The only people who frown upon abstinence are the minority of stupid fucks who no one respects the opinions of, so they make up for it by stating their opinions extremely loudly.
People in general frown upon sex far more than they do abstinence, I mean if you found out your best friend had had a partner for 3 days before they had sex with them, you'd at least be a little judgemental would you not? Despite that fact that your friend did what they wanted to, when they wanted to, because it was what they wanted to do.

Have sex or don't have sex, but always be responsible for what you do. I don't care about whether or not someone's a virgin, and other people really shouldn't either. It doesn't really change anything. Don't judge other people for something that arbitrary.

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +10Reply

My friend told me about this girl who was like "yeah I had buttsex, we put out butts together"

Just thought I'd share...

It's not that i don't want to lose my virginity. It's just, I'd rather not lose it to some drunken chick. I'd rather lose to someone i care for and have feelings towards. It sounds pretty cliche. But teenagers aren't like that nowadays.

Well I would never say that it's a failure, but it all depends on the circumstances. For some people it may be an accomplishment, but others may have no reason to keep their virginity. Is it an accomplishment for a married 35-year-old woman to be a virgin?

well i guess for some people it can be an accomplishment but i wouldn't consider losing your virginity a failure...it just depends on your personal values

Both options are actually somewhat difficult. To be a virgin you must "resist temptation" and social pressures, and to not be a virgin you have to be responsible about what you're doing and who. There are emotional impacts, and those need to be considered in both cases.

They both also have less difficult options. If you're a virgin simply because you've never had the chance, then it's a lot easier than if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend of many years. If you're having sex without birth control and not preparing for the consequences, then it's an easier choice.

I just have to add that it doesn't matter if a person loves sex and has various partners, as long as they know their partners aren't STD positive and their being safe, what's wrong with it?

Either way it's a personal choice, and as one person said, one choice is not more noble than the other.

Oooohhh, it is hard to lose it.
I would if I could.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@ThatOneNut gay

Makes sense.

HAVING YOUR VIRGINITY OR NOT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.

You people keep trying to ensure some special snowflake syndrome on yourselves and it just doesn't fucking matter. Sex is sex. Virginity is virginity. There is nothing sentimental or special or original about either and I'm sick of you shallow teenagers even bothering to worry about it.

Get the fuck over yourselves, Jesus Christ.

Lol, yeah you definitely have integrity just because you didn't have sex.

please explain to me what zurg meant, my liege.

@SandboxCzar please explain to me what zurg meant, my liege.

If sex isn't on the menu, then you won't be having sex no matter what your beliefs are.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +8Reply

what? how is one asking how the guy doesnt have a choice an exhibition of one not taking the concept of sex and its consequences seriously, sir?

THANK YOU

@THANK YOU

(Anonymous 2.0): You're welcome lol.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@22860

lol, "my liege"

And SEX! smirk smilie

You're all whiney bitches

I just want to add, to no one in particular (as it relates to a lot of comments):

1) Sex being a natural desire doesn't mean that it should be encouraged. In nature, reproduction would be a result of the majority of sexual activity. That is not always desired among humans, therefore their lifestyles must be modified. Yes, we’re animals as well. However, different animals have different habits that suit their needs.

2) This post wasn't saying that people that have sex are the failures, it was simply saying that virginity is more of an accomplishment than a failure. As in, it isn't a failure. Obviously OP created this post because he noticed trends in society that suggested the opposite. He isn't forcing his ideals on you. I say this because some people are being quite nasty to him and I think it's quite uncalled for...

CherryBlossoms avatar CherryBlossom Yeah You Are 0Reply

how is sex not on the menu? what does that even mean?

@SandboxCzar how is sex not on the menu? what does that even mean?

It means when someone's not interested in having sex with you. Or one of us is a rapist.

If you don't want to have sex, then you won't be having sex.

If you want to have sex but there's nobody to have sex with, then you still won't be having sex = not a choice.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way +11Reply
@1711235

please explain this to me. i lost my virginity with a girl that i dated for about a month and a half. we both wanted to have sex, and we were both ready for it. we broke up a few weeks later and are both still fine several years later. there is absolutely nothing wrong with losing your virginity to someone you don't "love"

@1711363

...wow okay point it out more...

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are +20Reply
@1711365

Yeah sure d smilie

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1711373

If you really love the sun, why would you:
1. Move to Idaho? (cry2)
2. Say you hate the sun in your bio? (cry2)(cry2)

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sun ...wow okay point it out more...

Bro is this two POTDs in a row now? Sun's gonna have to smack a bitch.

excellent explanation. roll on, brother.

@SandboxCzar excellent explanation. roll on, brother.

Sometimes I want to smack someone across the face with a Reply button, but then I realize their comments are two and a half years old and I get over it.

@Sometimes I want to smack someone across the face with a Reply button, but then I realize their comments are two...

too bad, i'd really like to see you smack someone in the face with a reply button :P

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +16Reply

I hate bible bashers.

@I hate bible bashers.

Good thing I'm not one.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +17Reply
@I hate bible bashers.

No it's not worse, or No you're not a slut-shamer?

My school teacher once talked a little about that with us. She said that teen mothers are too common here in America. She said that when a person is with their special someone, they feel as if they have to give it up to them to prove their love or whatever. She said that in reality, if you think about it, it's the duty of the boyfriend to keep his girlfriend safe. That also means to keep her safe from the hardships of being a teen mother- which can almost be guaranteed. She told us that their really is no such thing as "safe-sex." Because for a girl, the odds, even with protection, are still way too high that she will get pregnant.

@My school teacher once talked a little about that with us. She said that teen mothers are too common here in...

First of all, your teacher saying any of that is mind blowingly inappropriate. Second, if you use two different types of birth control, the chance of getting pregnant is effectively zero.

It was implied

@It was implied

No, it wasn't.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +16Reply

its really not an accomplishment. its a choice.
OP's projecting his ideals on everybody.

@SandboxCzar its really not an accomplishment. its a choice. OP's projecting his ideals on everybody.

I'm pretty sure this a place where you post your ideas, thoughts, theories and I don't know... ideals??? And people vote? Yeah, I think that's how it works. He's prefectly within his right to post this just as you're perfectly within your right to vote 'no way' to it.

ilostmyshoes avatar ilostmyshoe Yeah You Are +52Reply
@Velociraptor Hes prolly some hardcore christian.

Or someone with a mindset different from your's.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +31Reply
@Cpt_McMuffin Or someone with a mindset different from your's.

Thats preposterous. We all know that the only kind of people out there are Christians and this guys clones.

@ZuRG For most guys I knew, it wasn't even a choice.

were they kidnapped and tied to a chair?

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +29Reply
@TalkingRice were they kidnapped and tied to a chair?

It wasn't for a want of trying, just didn't work.

ZuRGs avatar ZuRG No Way 0Reply

go rape an african elephant you good for nothing sadist

All these purity ring people. Don't spread that all over here geez. Try to make it seem like it's so cool and the right thing to do. I know I'm not supposed to have sex, don't need to pledge it or wear a ring for it

@(DJ W): agreed, but this post had nothing to do with purity rings.

He didn't mention a ring, but it's still relevant because the ring represents a promise to save yourself.

@All these purity ring people. Don't spread that all over here geez. Try to make it seem like it's so cool and the...

(DJ W): Yeah, Beyonce, Rocky didn't mention anything about a ring. I like the concept of holding out. Sex is supposed to be the pinnacle of love, not just anyone should get it.

@(DJ W): Yeah, Beyonce, Rocky didn't mention anything about a ring. I like the concept of holding out. Sex is...

What makes sex the pinnacle of love? It's just a human function. It would make more sense if marriage was the pinnacle of love. Marriage means you truly love and cherish the person. Sex, however, is just another human urge. Love doesn't control sex, your hormones do. If we weren't sophisticated, humans were meant to have more than one sexual partner. Marriage is one way we are sophisticated and it's a way that we're unlike animals. Animals can have sex but not love each other, and they don't really "love" like we do. I don't understand why we made an animal function the pinnacle of human love.

@spareseconds What makes sex the pinnacle of love? It's just a human function. It would make more sense if marriage was the...

Just like us, the animal function evolved into something more than animal. Our thoughts more than physical and our desires more than temporary. Marriage is the pinnacle of love, but sex is meant to exist within, and as part of, that pinnacle.

@Just like us, the animal function evolved into something more than animal. Our thoughts more than physical and our...

Okay well then explain to me exactly how human sex is any different from animal sex. The only difference I can think of is that in human society, sex is viewed as extremely sacred and all-important. Is the actual process of intercourse any different than it was for humans a million years ago? No. The core is still the same. Society was one that evolved. So, stemming off that, we became sophisticated enough to have marriage. That proves we are different from animals. Since love as we know it exists only within the human species, the pinnacle of the very same love should do that as well.

And no, sex is not meant to exist within marriage. It only became the norm after society developed. In reality, the time you first have sex really has no significance in life, unless you choose to. But you can't choose for someone else.

just because you do it in a drunken stupor with someone you don't love doesn't mean it'll ruin it for when you do it with someone you do love

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +18Reply
@Rocky Thank you, someone agrees with what I'm thinkin.

I agree too. t's a nice thought to wait and be with the person you really lvoe and trust the first tie as opposed to sleeping with someone in a drunken stupor or something.

Squiggepuffs avatar Squiggepuff Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Squiggepuff I agree too. t's a nice thought to wait and be with the person you really lvoe and trust the first tie as opposed...

but if you wait for the first time to be with the person you love, it will be scary and painful. i would want sex with the person i love to be something i'm comfortable with and will enjoy.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +3Reply
@It won't be scary and painful if you both love and trust each other totally.

Nah, I'd still be scared of doing it badly/not knowing what to do to satisfy him, and it'd still be physically painful, since it always is the first time.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's none of your business if some people wear a ring or not. And it shouldn't bug you if a site for sharing opinions contains a few posts or people who want to spread their opinion about abstinence.

i agree, but i "no way" for the too serious tone.

@SandboxCzar i agree, but i "no way" for the too serious tone.

Sorry, I forgot sex was something silly and not to be taken seriously.

Rockys avatar Rocky Yeah You Are +121Reply
Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Cpt_McMuffin That's not exactly what Amirite is about.

lol at noobs trying to tell Will what the sites about no smilie

@lol at noobs trying to tell Will what the sites about

lol at anon trying to tell me I'm a noob with terrible grammer

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Cpt_McMuffin lol at anon trying to tell me I'm a noob with terrible grammer

lol at noob trying to deny being a noob and making fun of anons grammar because well all know anons care SO much about that.

@lol at noob trying to deny being a noob and making fun of anons grammar because well all know anons care SO much...

This isn't funny anymore. I actually have an account. I'm not going to take any anonymous user trying to call me anything seriously.

@What does having an account have to do with anything?

In my opinion, having an account shows that you care a bit more, and are willing to have all of your posts and comments connected to one identity. I am one person saying all of this, but I have no way of telling if you left all of these comments, or if they're all from different people. But you're right, that point is irrelevant to this, and I didn't mean to rank on anons (even though it really sounded like I did), I was just trying to say that I really don't care about this whole thing anymore.

Anonymous