+17

Democart State Senators in Colorado, who have the majority, have just passed a bill to give all electoral votes in presidental elections, to the winer of the National popular vote. It won't matter who colorado citizens vote for. This is corrupt and scary politics at it's worst, amirite?

This disgusts me for a number of reasons. This will give the national election to the most heavily populated states, like California, NY etc, which are predominatly democrat. It removes the people in my state from having their vote counted. It eliminates all thought of "representation" because our vote no longer counts. There is a push by 11 states, all led by democrats to do this. That's scary.

JustJimColos avatar Politics
8 38
The voters have decided that JustJimColo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2851187

anyone from any part of the country who gives a darn about their country should be outraged

deusvults avatar deusvult Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2851148

And they want to change it before the next election, which Trump might win.

@2851185

The I hope you are wrong. Those democrats seem like they want control in order to give the whole country away to those $hit hole countries Trump mentions back a while ago.

@2851081

The scary part Boz, is that if 80% of Coloradans vote for once person, all the electoral votes could be cast for the other. I know there is a ways for them to go yet, but even the fact that they are trying to do this is scary. And remember, the Colorado Senate already voted in favor of it. How long will it take for other democrat controlled states to do the same.

@2851122

No, that isn't the way this works. If Colorado voters vote 80% for a candidate but he loses the national popular vote, ALL of the Colorado electoral votes go to the person Colorado voted against. Colorado has now ceased to be a factor for electoral votes. Who campaigns in a state where the population has zero imput?

If they want to change the law and eliminate the electoral college, them why don't they just do that and stop this atempt to corrupt the current system in the way it was designed to work?

@JustJimColo No, that isn't the way this works. If Colorado voters vote 80% for a candidate but he loses the national popular...

Because doing away with the Electoral College would require a change to the federal Constitution. Much easier to make changes on the state level.

Plus ... if they call for a change to the federal Constitution, who knows what else will get changed?

Walt_OReaguns avatar Walt_OReagun Yeah You Are +1Reply
@JustJimColo Old white men are no longer fit to vote?

I was thinking more along the probabilities of messing with the First, Second, and Fifth Amendments.

@Walt_OReagun I was thinking more along the probabilities of messing with the First, Second, and Fifth Amendments.

Yep, there are concerns about losing those. When they start messing with the first 10, it's a whole new ballgame. Nothing is off the table when that happens.

What is more scary, is the next Canadian federal election. I am Canadian and I don't have a clue who to vote for anymore. And the current Prime Minister isn't very bright, he did something very dumb, recently, that can cause more harm than good, in my opinion.

I guess the good state senators in Colorado figure that if Hillary can win the national popular vote, any Democrat can.

Thinkerbells avatar Thinkerbell Yeah You Are +1Reply

its dictatorship, liberals want to win at any cost, they loved the electoral college when it benefited them then they cried unfair and broken when it worked just the same for republicans. their entire goal is to eliminate opposition, all dictators do this.

if liberals gave a crap about their country they would #walkaway from the liberal party

I agree.
The Electoral College of most states does need to be changed ... but tied to a percentage of the vote, rather an "all or nothing". There are actually a couple states that get that right.

That will make so much trouble, they tried something like that in Maine and now we have people we didn't want in the mix now.

I agree, either get rid of the electoral college altogether, or the electoral college should have to vote the percentage of the actual popular vote, and it should be the same for every state.

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2851193

You're wrong, but then you generally are.

@2852735

Again, you're wrong, you should just stick to popping out more illegitimate kids, it's what you know best.

That is Democracy at it's best, Jim.

@dru18 That is Democracy at it's best, Jim.

Problem is Dru, is that we are not a democracy and never have been. :) If we were, many of the laws today would not exist. Do you think things like gay marriage would have ever passed if it was voted on by the public over the years?

@JustJimColo Problem is Dru, is that we are not a democracy and never have been. :) If we were, many of the laws today would...

Not at one time, but people are changing. The majority of people in recent years have favored Gay marriage when asked in polls.

@dru18 Not at one time, but people are changing. The majority of people in recent years have favored Gay marriage when...

That's primarily because of the passage of gay marraige laws in states by the state officials, not the voters. As people get used to a law, they forget about it. Kind of like how income tax started. Then they just keep increasing it.

Anonymous