+24

Women live an average of 7 years longer than men. Women will also spend an average of 7 years in their lifetime menstruating. Sort of like a rebate for for days spent in misery, amirite?

snootyda0_0s avatar Life
2 26
The voters have decided that snootyda0_0 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Could be. I know for sure, that many women experience severe and somewhat debilitating pain, along with other far from pleasant symptoms. They do what they have to and try to smile, when they can barely stand up straight. They are not "weak"....

@Piper2 Could be. I know for sure, that many women experience severe and somewhat debilitating pain, along with other far...

I agree Piper. I had pain so bad that I fainted. It wasn't because I was weak either. Some women have problems and it offends me when I hear other women scoff about it.

@StarzAbove I agree Piper. I had pain so bad that I fainted. It wasn't because I was weak either. Some women have...

Many women do. It is a medical reality, and hasn't a whit to do how strong or weak they are.

@Piper2 Many women do. It is a medical reality, and hasn't a whit to do how strong or weak they are.

Those that haven't had any pain are very lucky, and they shouldn't be condemning those of us who have had to suffer. It's very painful.

@2857727

Nah, not really. I did learn about the why of menstruation though, back around 1967. Fact is, many women do indeed experience extreme pain and discomfort associated with that bodily function. In my world, "us women" haven't done that much "complaining" about what is or was just an inevitable and expected monthly occurrence.
That is the extent of my willingness to discuss this particular subject...

@2857441

I mean yeah, the worst we have to deal downstairs wise is erectile dysfunction and an enlarged prostate, which is not to scoff at but I'll take it over howling in pain every month for a week.

@2858430

I agree that using menstruation as a political point is lowly.

Periods are nothing to be miserable about. Period.pce smilie

@Masha Periods are nothing to be miserable about. Period.

So I presume you're like Loraine and don't suffer as much?

@Sunny_the_skeptic So I presume you're like Loraine and don't suffer as much?

Not as much as I used to. I still don’t bash the less fortunate. My comment is a mere clapback at folks (especially my dad) who’ve insulted me during my less fortunate years.

Menustration rarely hurt for me. It is a lot of mind over matter. I think only weaklings have that problem.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Menustration rarely hurt for me. It is a lot of mind over matter. I think only weaklings have that problem.

Nope, I disagree with you severely despite not being a woman, I know it's never the same for each woman, just because you dont get heavy cramps and don't suffer it doesn't mean it's not bad. One of my closest female friends needs to take strong pain medication in order not to shrivel in pain and retain some sort of functionality, she's a total mess the first 3-4 days of her period and feels like someone is stabbing her in the stomach.
I never expected to hear something like that from you who believes herself a feminist, I'd at least expect you to be sympathetic towards the suffering of other women, I can't believe I don't have an uterus and I feel more sympathy towards that than you.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Nope, I disagree with you severely despite not being a woman, I know it's never the same for each woman, just...

Thanks for understanding. Not all women are alike, those that have no pain are extremely fortunate, I for one am very sympathetic to those of us who do.

STRONGLY disagree.

Those women you called weaklings may have:
• Endometriosis
• Uterine fibroids
• Higher levels of prostaglandins
• Pelvic inflammatory disease
• Ovarian cysts
• Depression or anxiety
• A family history of severe cramps

I’d sympathise.

It doesn't get an better after that tho, menopause hits women hard, they lose their femininity due to low estrogen, they get the granny peach fuzz and more likely to suffer from osteoporosis. If there is a God he did not favor women. Live most of your life by suffering for a week each month and occasionally rip your vulvas when giving birth then lose your femininity when you get old, but live a bit longer.

@2857487

No complaining from me lmaohehe smilie

Anonymous