+37

It used to be you were expected to wear your best clothes while attending church. But nowadays a lot of people go dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. I think they should at least put on nicer clothes while attending church. Amirite?

parentaldiscretions avatar
6 12
The voters have decided that parentaldiscretion is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I still dress up when going to church. But it doesn't bother me what others are wearing, as long as they are there.

I don't think jesus cares very much

Yes, I think they should wear better clothes, it is a sign of respect, for yourself and for where you are. People are such slobs nowadays, we have truly become the Walmart society.

Churches need people so badly, they don't care what anyone is wearing. Aren't we supposed to "judge not lest ye be judged?"

@2863215

Re: short shorts in church

From the sermon, I JUST had awakéd,
When the pastor who called us to pray said,
"It's written in Scripture,
With nary a stricture,
We SHOULD, without fail, clothe the naked.

I think you should show some respect. I seen females with shorts up their crotch in church. Some people have no modesty.

hootowls avatar hootowl Yeah You Are +1Reply
@hootowl I think you should show some respect. I seen females with shorts up their crotch in church. Some people have no modesty.

It happened to me not sooner than last Sunday. I was in the pew behind a mother wearing very skimpy shorts and his son also in jean shorts with a polo shirt, with no socks at all and dirty running shoes, They look as if they were in holidays. I notice that the young teen was always spreading his legs when seated and seemed extremely bored. I was always taught by my parents to be well-dressed at the church by respect for God and the faithful.

yvan125s avatar yvan125 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@yvan125 It happened to me not sooner than last Sunday. I was in the pew behind a mother wearing very skimpy shorts and...

When I was young, we had a well-dressed suit that we called a Sunday suit. We didn't leave home for the holy Mass without being checked by mommy. I think that all the boys and young men wearing washed out jeans of a dubious cleanliness would have not passed mommy's test. At college age, she had already scolded me for attending Mass in shorts and short-sleeved polo.

yvan125s avatar yvan125 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Um...pretty sure the Lord doesn't care what ya wear. You are there for worship not a fashion show. ono smilie