-22

There was no such thing as bad breath before the toothbrush was invented. amirite?

1 8
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I saw a youtube video where someone said that Listerine "invented" the problem of bad breath just so they could sell their product, as if they're inventing problems that don't exist and then being "capitalist pigs", but bad breath smells disgusting. I'm glad we have oral hygiene products now.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet I saw a youtube video where someone said that Listerine "invented" the problem of bad breath just so they could...

Right I am glad we have a variety of tooth care products now,. If I read an historic romance novel, I always think yuck how could you kiss someone who doesn't take care of their teeth

Same with most beauty products

You sure about that?

@contextrip You sure about that?

Yea people definitely ate mint leaves and other items in order to freshen their breath.

@krisjimsampson Yea people definitely ate mint leaves and other items in order to freshen their breath.

I think humans figured out that other humans could have bad breath ages before the toothbrush. There were probably many other "remedies" for it along with mint leaves.

Lmao what?

I'm pretty sure it was just a given back then.