+27

Losing everything can be liberating. If you have nothing left to live for, and can make yourself go on living for no reason, that proves that your will to live is strong as iron, and nothing can ever make you choose to die. amirite?

jaimes avatar Psychology
2 7
The voters have decided that jaime is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That a good 1st step. Next is setting a goal to achieve and working at it. :)

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've never been in that situation, and hope I never sink that low.

I mean I guess as long as you have a hobby or something... rock bottom can liberate you to chase long shot dreams but hopefully you have something to focus on other then the emptiness .otherwise you will die

You are right. I am no stranger to losing everything I love. Last year, I lost custody of my children and had to give my home to my ex (their dad). Not seeing my kids every day took a toll on me. I had days it took everything to get out of bed. I felt like everything I loved I lost. Then I realized I had to be strong because they not only needed me but my friends needed me too.

I have hit low points but I have always managed to survive and not a day goes by that I ain't thankful I did.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Lil_Princess You are right. I am no stranger to losing everything I love. Last year, I lost custody of my children and had to...

So sorry you've had to go through all of that, it takes a strong woman to pull herself out of a horrible situation, but you did it. Stay strong.