unknownconditions avatar
1 17

If white people are liable for crimes that other white people committed in the past, does that mean black people are liable for the disproportionately large amount of crimes other black people are committing right now? Just curious.

Personally I think individuals are responsible for the things they've done, not what other people who look like them did. Social justice is a lie, there's only justice and injustice, and it's an injustice to hold someone responsible for something someone else did.

@Maze If white people are liable for crimes that other white people committed in the past, does that mean black people...

Maze I agree with you. Plus nobody living today was a slave nobody alive owned a slave. My family mostly irish came here as indentured servants glad for the opportunity to work hard to pay back passage to the USA. I always wonder how many of the slaves descendants would prefer to be in africa where people are starving and killed in wars every day. Those who made it here should be happy their ancestors came here and made it possible for them to be in a country that is reasonably safe and fair.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Maze I agree with you. Plus nobody living today was a slave nobody alive owned a slave. My family mostly irish...

Very true. An extreme viewpoint would be that slavery was the best thing that ever happened to current day, many generational, African Americans. Slavery and indentured servants were just different words for the same meaning a "white lie " to make indentured servants feel better having only slightly more rights.

Shouldn't we first start with the native American Indians ?

@beachbum Shouldn't we first start with the native American Indians ?

the Indians took the land from the Neanderthals … maybe reparations for the buffalo also??The biggest offences in prejudice are the ones that go unnoticed. how could SJW's be so selective about who needs liberation.

very good point ...

arguably you would then have to give minimum wages workers the difference every time minimum wage goes up

@unknowncondition arguably you would then have to give minimum wages workers the difference every time minimum wage goes up

but seriously slavery is disgusting thank good we eradicated it so no one living in America is effected by it.

I just think reparation is a trigger word... it's called a lawsuit in the real world.
the only reason it triggers me is because I see current injustices going on that reflect our countries resentment but we choose to ignore most.
Just a few days ago we had Jon Stewart begging the government for healthcare for volunteers who became sick.

@2867028

just saying an unjust law is still a law

@2867032

it all depends who defines the words 'unjust' and "slavery" and "jew"

@2867034

I agree thanks for indulging me

Anonymous