+19

Companies should be responsible for their trash from products. Every coca~ cola can found in nature should carry a littering fine to the company. This would motivate them to use biodegradable and make companies more accountable for the negative footprint their pursuit of of profits leave on the world amirite?

unknownconditions avatar
1 32
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2867485

there was no such thing as biodegradable before these companies started pursuing profits. They invented the ways for their products to get to us and they chose to use products that leave a negative footprint. These CEO"S are in their epoch of education and power , I'm just one of millions of dumb peons. " it's easier to fix the top of a pyramid then the foundation" Some business's have a greener model and let nature solve the trash problem by actively designing their products to biodegrade.

The business is the reason the can ended up in existence , even though I wanted and asked for it . Without Coca-Cola striving to put a can in my hand there never would be trash in the first place.

Your right I should have enough sense to throw my can away but the world needs to be safeguarded from ignorant lazy people like me and force the companies to be proactive and invested in their trash footprint.

@2867519

next time you see a coke can on the ground I want you to blame unknowncondition and not the company.

@2867538

And what would all the bums with a shopping cart full of cans do if I had my way?
I should think of them

@unknowncondition next time you see a coke can on the ground I want you to blame unknowncondition and not the company.

And thank you for comparing my individual choice to litter to the millions of pounds accumulated waste produced worldwide daily by this huge company.

@2867485

Imagine you made a Brand and put your name on it. lets say your company was successful and you retired. now one day on retirement your on the beach ( all my dream sequences happen on the beach) you look down and see a can on the beach with your name on it.
Your saying you wouldn't feel responsible at all?

@2867717

most people demand water which is conveniently delivered naturally to every location on earth . Before the invention of soda no one ever asked for it. What about the people who don't profit from the business or are customer and "demand" a product. should they just stare at these miss placed cans because it doesn't concern them. my solution is the only way to make a third party feel satisfied. The only guarantied way to stop pollution. Regardless of how incompetent the company and consumer could possible be.

@2867742

I do love fiji water ...but my desire to drink special minerals must not effect the rest of the world in anyway

@2867744

sweet... i'm losing energy on this one … i'm trying to find a way to be responsible but not have to actually do anything

What else should companies, governments, etc be doing so that people do not have to have any personal responsibility and can just go on down the road as lazy as possible?

@beachbum What else should companies, governments, etc be doing so that people do not have to have any personal...

The world sadly does need to be made safe for the mindless and reckless humans we have all become. The same way parents protect children. However in America it would be wrong to take any freedoms from these fragile children and it is fundamentally necessary let them make their own mistakes. How ever business's , companies and organizations need to be strictly monitored and forcibly be made to better themselves and separate from the "old school" greed is good mindset, where the bottom line is the only consequence. It is a privilege to do business in America and on this shared beautiful earth and business need to appreciate that, and customers need to realize their value in shaping their favorite brands.

@unknowncondition The world sadly does need to be made safe for the mindless and reckless humans we have all become. The same way...

Sadly, our society has produced a generation (or 2) that want to be mindless and reckless - simply because it's easier to have someone take care of them and they be free of all responsibility and decision making.

Companies should be responsible for where they dispose of their own waste. Once a product is sold though, it doesn't sound very reasonable to fine them for where it ultimately lands. Also, aluminum is one of the most recyclable materials. It is supposedly infinitely recyclable , and there are all kinds of good reasons for at least attempting to make sure is recycled.

In the meantime.....

@unknowncondition you bought the soda not the can.

Whatever something I buy is in, I consider it my responsibility to dispose of it in a way most likely for it not to end up "in nature"...in a parking lot, body of water, somebody's lawn, along a roadway, or anywhere selfish, arrogant people consistently throw their own trash around.

@Piper2 Whatever something I buy is in, I consider it my responsibility to dispose of it in a way most...

I love going through the real nice communities and throwing my cans out the window onto their front yard on my way to work. I only do it to houses that I know pay landscapers because that way you know it will be disposed of properly

So, you're saying.....blame someone other, then the person actually doing the littering.

That's one of the main problems in the world now.....a total lack of personal responsibility.
People want to blame the stupid things they do, on somebody else.

@unknowncondition I tried really hard to make a post for everyone to agree on...

The fish really don't care who threw the can in the ocean that they became wedged in and died then your dog pulls something out of the ocean when you take him for a walk and it's an decomposed fish in a coke can and it proudly brings this gift to you but the dog didn't know the mercury levels in salt water fish was so high but developed mercury poisoning anyway. and died.

@unknowncondition The fish really don't care who threw the can in the ocean that they became wedged in and died then your dog pulls...

A post everyone agrees on is a rare happening.

Animals don't need to care about who actually did it, there isn't much they can do about it..

All I'm saying is....hold the actual person of the crime, accountable for his/her actions.

The coca-cola company wont start making biodegradable cans, if they have to take the hit for litter bugs.
They'll pay the fines and raise the prices on their products....and idiots will continue to litter.

@DandyDon A post everyone agrees on is a rare happening. Animals don't need to care about who actually did it, there isn't...

I do like a cold aluminum can of soda. the industry created these personal serving disposable wrappers. We as the people have the right to define what is a safe product packaging. This is how you save the earth not "throwing money on the fire". We should be deciding that the company is responsible for this waste. Every home has cups in the drawers because real people value reusable objects. not just to save for money but for the cascading benefits. I may not totally practice what I preach because i am staring at 6 soda cans right now but I do even pay money to have these recycled to solve this problem that soda company ceo's and like minds(you) have invented but leave their customers to be responsible for.
So yes I guess I went full circle again, I totally agree with your first comment. I hate how people aren't responsible for their consequences .