+38

Maybe the people terrified of flying are the sane ones. amirite?

contextrips avatar
5 13
The voters have decided that contextrip is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I just feel more comfortable traveling in something that doesn't crash into the ground after the oil light comes on.

@Azlotto I just feel more comfortable traveling in something that doesn't crash into the ground after the oil light comes on.

I sort of do too, even though I know that just driving to the airport is more dangerous..'statistically'.

I'm more terrified of driving the interstate than I am of flying. Too many jerks on the road who are texting, eating, putting on makeup. At least when flying there are two pilots who hopefully know what they are doing.

No

Having fears is a normal and sometimes life-saving part of being human. That said, people often fear big, traumatic, news-worthy things like plane crashes and shark attacks and being killed by a serial killer. Those are all scary things, for sure, but for post people the risk of these things actually happening are incredibly low.

Most people don't have a crippling fear of mosquitos, for example. They're way more likely to kill you than flying in an airplane, but the death isn't as spicy so it's not as scary

No one is terrified of flying.It's crashing they are worried about!

Well I wouldn't go as far as calling me sane but I get your point...wary smilie

Once I have read all statistical data bout crashes and I am allowed to where a parachute I might consider flying

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are -7Reply