-52

The reason why there are no pay phones any longer is so they can track and spy and identify you all by the spying device in your pocket. amirite?

1 9
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The only electronic device I carry is my keyless entry to my car...but yeah, I see your point.

Overthinking. The cost of maintaining payphones is the only reason you don't see them very often anymore.

You have to pay for the landline connection, someone needs to travel out to clean out the coins, and repairs (use, exposure to elements, vandalism, etc.).

Have you been to a gas station lately? They're outside, usually on the side wall

@Have you been to a gas station lately? They're outside, usually on the side wall

And even if they aren't it isn't so that they can spy on you, it's because it's more convenient to call from a cell phone and people use payphones less often.

@motorbikemilly And even if they aren't it isn't so that they can spy on you, it's because it's more convenient to call from a cell...

That and there's so many more people with cell phones now than in the 90s, so you either have one or you borrow somebody else's

Well you see them occasionally, and the Phreaking magazine 2600 used to have its last page dedicated to seeing an actuall payphone that worked in the wild.

My friend would spit all over the ear piece and we would watch from the other corner when some would pick it up to use it and laugh

There are no pay phones because most people have their own phone and have no need to use a pay phone.

I'm sure somebody claimed the same thing when horse and carriage was done away with, for the car.

If THEY, really wanted to find you....THEY couldn't care less if you have a phone or not.