+46

Car insurance companies should start lobbying against Driverless cars because car insurance will not be needed when we go full driverless, amirite?

unknownconditions avatar
0 4
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

States don't require the DRIVER to be insured ... they require the VEHICLE to be insured.
So it doesn't matter if it's self-driving or not.

@Walt_OReagun States don't require the DRIVER to be insured ... they require the VEHICLE to be insured. So it doesn't matter if...

yeah that's all bullshit if you ask me.. I finally just received the title to my car.. if the vehicle must be insured, not the driver, then my bank should have to protect their property and investment by insuring the car their damn selves... In my opinion me borrowing the banks car and driving it, is just the same as my friend with out insurance borrowing "my" car and driving it, they same way my friend is not liable for damages would mean I am not liable as I also am not the owner of the car

@unknowncondition yeah that's all bullshit if you ask me.. I finally just received the title to my car.. if the vehicle must be...

They probably do it so it doesn't matter if the car is being driven or not, when it is damaged. If they didn't insure the vehicle but the driver ... they would not pay if the car was damaged when it wasn't being driven.

EG: Your car is parked on the street and hit by some kid learning to drive.