+75

Teenagers are sick and tired of being stereotyped as dumb and stupid, and adults are dumb and stupid for believe in such stereotypes, amirite?

1 18

Adults think teenagers are dumb because when they (specifically me and others who I've talked to) think back at all the dumb things they said/did when they were teenagers. This is a good thing though because it means that they have improved since they were teenagers.

Teenagers aren't dumb, they just have a lot of growing to do. If you look back at yourself 10 years ago and agree with everything you did back then, you haven't grown as a person.

@Thenaturelover Adults think teenagers are dumb because when they (specifically me and others who I've talked to) think back at all...

In what ways are teenagers immature? Most teens aren't going around getting drunk or driving recklessly

@In what ways are teenagers immature? Most teens aren't going around getting drunk or driving recklessly

Because it's to hard for them to get alcohol. Teenagers are ignorant, not stupid. There is a difference. If you're really as smart as you believe you are, the opinion of others wouldn't hold you back as much as you believe it does.

You're obviously a teenager. An actual adult would never even think about this.

@MrWesterfield Guaranteed

In his defense ignorant is probably more accurate. Teenagers have the capability of getting better. It just takes a dozen or so years

@Probably a dumb teenager too

Yea, definitely a stupid teenager. They have life figured out... hahahahaha Hahahaha I pooped a little.

@How am I stupid? I never said I have life figured out.

I don't think you're dumb, just naïve. Teenagers underestimate how easily your lack of life experience mirrors stupidity in the choices you make. Unfortunately in this case that includes the decision to try to claim that teenagers know what's going on around them.

One of my teachers told us, "if you ever need to know the answer to something, ask a teenager while they still know everything."

@What grade does that teacher teach?

Ages 16-18 - we finish high school age 16 in the UK, with the option for 2 free study years at college (sort of an inbetween for school and university)

Only a matter of time before a civil war is fought between teenagers and adults

"dumb and stupid"

Ok boomer

I'm fine with most teenagers until they have to make change at the cash register and the auto change doesn't work. Talk about deer in the headlights. Ha!