+85

We're the final generation that can speak to WW2 veterans. amirite?

Apelllllls avatar
1 8
The voters have decided that Apellllll is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes. They were the parents of my generation, and there aren't many still living.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Yeah You Are +2Reply

Regrettably, that's true.

Yes, we are losing the greatest generation daily. Luckily we have a ton of footage and books about them so we aren't losing them altogether.

@ozzyboy Yes, we are losing the greatest generation daily. Luckily we have a ton of footage and books about them so we...

I hope there are enough films but hey to know those people in person is very special. One of the reasons I like volunteering at the veterans home.

My father and uncle were part of the greatest generation. Thank you for caring for our vets.

No one weeps for the Nam vets... ever notice?

@No one weeps for the Nam vets... ever notice?

Not true. It is only the Fondas and her ilk that that spit on the Viet Nam vets. They are vile and repulsive. Our vets are much loved and cried over including my brother who wa KIA.

I do. And one of my dearest friends is listed on the memorial. cry smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Yeah You Are +1Reply