+45

Replacing Santa with Satan in your head makes Christmas so much funnier. amirite?

Bedrockstars avatar
0 5
The voters have decided that Bedrockstar is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But wouldn't that take away from the joy of the Krampus?

@umagnet But wouldn't that take away from the joy of the Krampus?

Interesting point, but isn't he the assistant to saint Nikolaus? At least here the grumpy Krampus (or Beelzebub (translates to devil)) shows up with Nikolaus on 6th of December

Not an expert on that matter, I am atheist anyway, I just like the Christmas spirit.

@Bedrockstar Interesting point, but isn't he the assistant to saint Nikolaus? At least here the grumpy Krampus (or Beelzebub...

The whole thing is a bit different.
The Christs here celebrate the Christ child, known as a good spirit, which brings presents on the 24th of December, mostly on the edge of darkness.

Then you are supposed to attend the midnight mass. Well, this part mostly is skipped when you have children for obvious reasons.

I saw mommy kissing...

Yeah but in America St Nicholas is synonymous with Santa Claus. Not that it matters since the Krampus is not a part of the Christmas mythology in America and I just enjoy the peculiarities of regional Christmas traditions.