+63

We never thank construction workers for their service, despite the fact that they dedicate large portions of their lives to making and maintaining buildings that are absolutely vital in our daily lives. amirite?

pinkfishtacos avatar
0 17
The voters have decided that pinkfishtaco is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Their thanks comes in the form of money.

@bismith5000 Their thanks comes in the form of money.

Just like they do for doctors, restaurant workers, and pornstars.

While I have great respect for people who serve in the armed forces, I don't see why this doesnt apply to the military also.

@pinkfishtaco While I have great respect for people who serve in the armed forces, I don't see why this doesnt apply to the...

Because people are under the misconception that soldiers are fighting for their country's freedom, or some other noble cause. Many are unaware that wars are largely about money.

moisawesomes avatar moisawesome Yeah You Are 0Reply
@moisawesome Because people are under the misconception that soldiers are fighting for their country's freedom, or some other...

But even if they are about freedom, soldiering is still a job and they are still doing it for money. My brother-in-law is a veteran and HATES when every random soldier is referred to as a "hero" or "patriot". As he said: "There is definately heros and there is definately patriots. But most of us are just punching in for a paycheck, nothing else. Don't call us heros or patriots, it demeans the ones who actually are."

@But even if they are about freedom, soldiering is still a job and they are still doing it for money. My...

Yeah because of terrorist we are all combatants.. Civilans are much more brave without armor and guns

My old roommate said "Thank you for your service," to the mailman one time 7 years ago, and I still laugh when I think about it.

11964610s avatar 11964610 Yeah You Are 0Reply

More importantly, when was the last time you thanked your bus driver?

@More importantly, when was the last time you thanked your bus driver?

Literally every time I ride the bus. I also thank the guy who drives the shuttle from the satellite parking lot to my job.

They get paid.

MrWesterfields avatar MrWesterfield Yeah You Are 0Reply

Its almost as if thats what they signed up for

@Its almost as if thats what they signed up for

Exactly, so why do people thank people in the armed forces for their service?

Where do you live that they don't spend 7/8ths of their time jerking each other off?

Pretzeldude16s avatar Pretzeldude16 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@pinkfishtaco Yea ok fat boy. Get off your ass

????? What?

1. It was just a joke

2. You have to admit, at least in California it takes them wayyyyy longer to build a 2 lane road than it should (2 lanes 2 miles took 4 years of "constant" work)