+18

Congress should have a 20% pay cut. amirite?

beachbums avatar Money & Economics
0 9
The voters have decided that beachbum is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

More like 50%

urwutuiss avatar urwutuis Yeah You Are +9Reply

Then off you go!

Well, the government is made up of the people. I am a people. I took a 100% pay cut. ...Just sayin'...

@Buzzwaldjuneberry Well, the government is made up of the people. I am a people. I took a 100% pay cut. ...Just sayin'...

Sadly, the government isn't made up 'of the people'. And why in the heck are they called 'lawmakers'? I don't vote for someone to go to DC to make laws, but to represent 'we, the people'.

If it were up to me, congressional members would pay all their OWN expenses - travel, office - ALL expenses, just like I did when I was self employed. So, yep, a 100% pay cut is what is needed.

P.S. I only thumb downed ya because I think they should sacrifice more.

any government who forced people out of work should RESIGN and take a 100% pay cut. taste their own stinkin medicine

Anonymous