+53

If money is the root of all evil... why do churches take it up? amirite?

Midnight_Cup_Of_Cheeses avatar Money & Economics
0 6
The voters have decided that Midnight_Cup_Of_Cheese is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It is actually the "love of money", not the money itself. It can actually be used for lots of good things! a smilie

The love of money is A root, not THE root. Big difference. The church I attend uses the money they collect to support local needy families - for school supplies, hair cuts, food, etc. They support many local charities.

@beachbum The love of money is A root, not THE root. Big difference. The church I attend uses the money they collect to...

1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

@1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV) 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some...

I read the International Version where it says 'a' root of evil. Which says to me that there are additional roots of evil - such as pride. Would also include addiction to drugs, gluttony , etc. Certainly greed is a root.

the love of money is the root of all evil, money itself isn't evil.

@Anonymousmouse the love of money is the root of all evil, money itself isn't evil.

Exactly - money itself is simply an inanimate object - it's what you do with it that matters.

Anonymous