+70

There's no such thing as fake spoilers. amirite?

contextrips avatar News & Current Events
1 6
The voters have decided that contextrip is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Knowing it's fake makes a difference. Learning how to compartmentalize things in your head also helps

@Milehighscrub Knowing it's fake makes a difference. Learning how to compartmentalize things in your head also helps

Does it? Imagine a friend telling a certain character dies in an episode of a show you like. You get upset, such a spoiler! Then he tells you it's a joke, he doesn't die. Well, that's part of the fun. Maybe in that episode the character is in a perilous situation, but guess what... You already know he won't die, no matter what :(

@contextrip Does it? Imagine a friend telling a certain character dies in an episode of a show you like. You get upset, such a...

Which is my other point. Compartmentalizing stuff like that helps. Endgame was spoiled, but it didn't have any effect on my viewing experience because I went in with a clear head. Spoilers are always going to happen. It's how we handle them that matters in the end

There is actually.. it's called a lie.