+93

Almost everyone uses Q-Tips to clean their ears even though they aren't intended or marketed to do that. amirite?

LookAnAltAccounts avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 12
The voters have decided that LookAnAltAccount is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The only thing you should ever put in your ear is your elbow.

@jodzdzownica The only thing you should ever put in your ear is your elbow.

My doctor gave me that little gem during an appointment and I just about punched her in the face. Putting a Q-tip in my ear wasn't the problem, it was a non-Q-tip related ear infection. Stupid lady

What are they intended to be for then?

@Iapetus-11 What are they intended to be for then?

They make them specifically to be brought thrown away, and then brought again.

They specifically warn against it.

What the hell are they for then?

@Kionix What the hell are they for then?

In truth, they're basically just multipurpose tools. Apply makeup, start a fire, clean your keyboard, or any other hard to reach places. We associate it with ear cleaning because that was the initial marketing but like all things we learn that we were doing more harm than good.

And why do they make safety Q-tips for babies?

@Crazymotherfuker And why do they make safety Q-tips for babies?

Clean noses and the gunk from corners of eyes and their belly buttons

If you really want to clean your ears, get one of suction things that are meant for that, mix hydrogen peroxide with water, and let the mixture sit in your ears for a few minutes

Feels good

@Qrusader Feels good

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the president of Q-Tips uses them to clean her or his ears.