-67

If killing animals for taste is right then why killing them for fun is wrong. amirite?

Jordantom16s avatar Philosophy
0 21
The voters have decided that Jordantom16 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you dont understand the difference then something is seriously wrong with you.
There is a difference between killing animals for food and taking pleasure in their deaths.

Eating them allows us to survive, for fun is literally torturing them.

@88080808088 Eating them allows us to survive, for fun is literally torturing them.

No people are eating them for taste, they can survive by eating plant products. And instantly killing them is not torturing compared to how they are raised in factories.

@Jordantom16 No people are eating them for taste, they can survive by eating plant products. And instantly killing them is not...

No that's not entirely true, plants lack protein, something that a lot of people need to survive with, meat is part of most people's diets. Anyways, if I'm wrong please correct me

@Longsanks No that's not entirely true, plants lack protein, something that a lot of people need to survive with, meat is part...

Actually there are literally millions of people who eat vegetarian food without taking vitamins. Yes, you have to be careful with your diet, you have to include multiple variety on your food. A healthy vegetarian diet is still cheaper and healthier than a non vegetarian diet.

Yes but eating animals provide us with nutrients that vegetables just don't provide, that's why vegans/vegetarians need to take vitamin pills to survive, i do agree with the factories thing though.

We hunt to gain access to meat if you are going to use the body then there is nothing wrong if your just killing just for the sake of killing and leaving corpses to rot then ther is something wrong it's the circle of life and that's why if you whant to kill then don't be surprised if something hunts you and eats you it's no different to if we hunted them

@Fogalien We hunt to gain access to meat if you are going to use the body then there is nothing wrong if your just killing...

In my opinion no one has right to take someone's life. Animals don't have a sense of moral and immoral but we humans do have that. Killing them if there is no other way for survival is right but if you do have access to other food source then it is killing for taste. If that is right then it is same as thinking that humans are at apex and can do whatever they want to lower species. So why not kill them for fun and leave the corpse as it is. Other animals will eat it, microorganisms can decompose the remains. Still circle of life.

No comparison between the two. And you even had to phrase the question a certain why to even get the ridiculous point across. People don't kill them for taste, they kill them for survival or because they are hungry.

We choose which animals we eat because of how convenient they are to raise in captivity. Even with hunting, usually people have more fun because they know (or just romanticize) that animal had a good life and dies quickly.

Trophy hunters are the scum of the Earth and should be sent to Monster Island.

@Iapetus-11 We choose which animals we eat because of how convenient they are to raise in captivity. Even with hunting...

So if I raise some animal in captivity just to set them free when a grow up, and then hunt them. It is alright, right?

@Jordantom16 So if I raise some animal in captivity just to set them free when a grow up, and then hunt them. It is alright, right?

Well sometimes. For example, feral pigs. Sometimes it's more right to hunt them than to leave them to naturalize and become an invasive species.

Also, orphan wildlife is often rescued and rehabilitated and released back into their natural habitat where hunting happens. Hunting is regulated and there are legal limits to how many of which species, where and when you are legaly allowed to hunt on public land. In fact, much of the money raised for wildlife services is through the sale of hunting licenses and ticket lotteries for specific species.

So, yeah I guess it is alright.

First, I don't want to offend someone. If I did, I apologise. But this is a real question not intended to offend someone.

I don't do either, I don't know anybody that does and it sounds stupid to me.

If you don t want to eat meat, enjoy but get off of your pedestal of trying to find some stupid way of shaming people that do eat meat.

Meat is necessary for survival and health, if you chose not to believe that, that's your choice to be ignorant.

Don't try to drag people down with you, just to try and make yourself feel better.