+65

It's hard to measure the extent of your blindness. amirite?

tonywonderslostnuts avatar Science
0 20
The voters have decided that tonywonderslostnut is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@LookAnAltAccount What?

How blind are you? How do you measure that?

@tonywonderslostnut How blind are you? How do you measure that?

There are professionals who measure the extent if blindness.

@monsterallergies There are professionals who measure the extent if blindness.

If you and the professional share the same blindness then their test would fail to detect it

@tonywonderslostnut If you and the professional share the same blindness then their test would fail to detect it

You'd have to share that blindness (whatever that even means) with every professional involved in testing blindness.

@tonywonderslostnut If they were all blind in that same way then you would never know.

None of this means that it's hard to measure blindness.

What you're really saying is "there is some non-zero chance that everyone involved in testing and measuring blindness shares some as yet unknown blindness that impacts the measurement of blindness."

did you about the blind man that fell into a well?
He didnt see that well

It because you are no sighted

I have partial blindness in one eye. I know the exact percentage of my field of view is missing and am completely blind in those areas. I can also map it. So very measurable

@tonywonderslostnut How can you tell that you are not blind in ways that you do not know about?

I disagree with your premise. It does not contain any words suggestion blindness I don't know about. Everything is relative.

Then what are eye exams

@Shiny244 Then what are eye exams

It's a way of comparing your vision with other people's vision.

It will not address a shared blindness, obviously.

The factors that contribute to eyesight are measurable and not dependent on the optometrist's eyesight or strictly compared to an average like the "20/20" reference. There is no shared blindness in this case, but I think your idea could apply to other concepts.

Pokkettss avatar Pokketts Yeah You Are 0Reply