+70

Remember back in grade school when we were taught that acid rain was going to end the world. amirite?

Mytokhondrias avatar Education
0 9
The voters have decided that Mytokhondria is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They never taught you that.

Either you're losing your memory or misunderstood the first time.

Mcgee0s avatar Mcgee0 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Mcgee0 They never taught you that. Either you're losing your memory or misunderstood the first time.

Yeah, I agree. I was taught of the phenomenon but was never told it would end the world. I don't know why you think this.

Milkzeys avatar Milkzey Yeah You Are +3Reply

Of course they taught it or mentioned it. Just because you don’t remember it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. They also taught that another ice age was coming.

Acid rain added nitrogen( read fertilizer) to plants at the end of the growing seasons. It messed with perennial plants. If your not a tree, it would not make you sick on the least. If you are a tree farmer, it might not be good

And that's why so many people are sceptical of global warming

Dewanrachits avatar Dewanrachit Yeah You Are +4Reply

When I was in school, it was the dreaded hole in the ozone layer.

They stuck that one in there between the global cooling scare and the global warming scare. Apparently it wasn’t getting the reaction they were looking for so they dropped it.